One of O'Rourke's former border colleagues, U.S. Rep. Filemon Vela, D-Brownsville, said he was glad to see O'Rourke in the race.
However, O'Rourke didn't expand on the issue in his response to Trump's critique.
Sen. Amy Klobuchar welcomed Beto O'Rourke to the 2020 presidential race on Thursday, telling CNN's Poppy Harlow in an interview that she believes more competition in the Democratic primary is good for the party and that she isn't anxious about the former congressman's fundraising prowess.
"I think that competition is good in our party", the senator from Minnesota said, telling Harlow that former President Barack Obama has been telling 2020 candidates that he believes the more the merrier in the nomination fight.Читайте также: Jones claims Wales look exhausted ahead of decisive Six Nations Saturday
"We can free ourselves from the distinction of being the country that imprisons more of its fellow citizens than any other country on the face of the planet", O'Rourke said. Elizabeth Warren and former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro, have spoken of the need for the USA government to reckon with and make up for centuries of stolen labor and legal oppression. A recent ad by the Club for Growth described O'Rourke's pushing a redevelopment scheme "to bulldoze a poor Hispanic neighborhood", the Post reported. Included on the Castro endorsement list were state Sens.
O'Rourke narrowly lost a senate campaign to Sen.
Mr O'Rourke, 46, gave up his seat in the House of Representatives for his attempt to oust Ted Cruz from the Senate in last year's midterm elections, coming within three points of the incumbent in a traditionally Republican state.
O'Rourke spent recent months at home in El Paso with family, driving through the Midwest and journaling about it online and a few public appearances, such as a Metallica concert and leading a rally outside a President Trump rally in El Paso. "I think people want us to rise above the pettiness, the smallness", O'Rourke told CNN at a later Thursday campaign stop in Burlington, Iowa. "He asked about: What will this do to my family?"При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- US bars entry of International Criminal Court investigators
- Game of Thrones Final Season Episode Runtimes Are Shorter Than You Thought
- Federation Internationale de Football Association to explore expanding 2022 World Cup from 32 to 48 teams
- News FIA F1 Race Director Charlie Whiting passes away
- Workers on Bernie Sanders' 2020 campaign have unionized
- 'The Sopranos' Prequel Movie Gets a New Title, Release Date in 2020
- Barefoot, Handcuffed, New Zealand Shooter Smirks In Court
- Malaysia: Won't Drop Case Against Vietnamese in Kim Murder
- Rice reveals he's 'proud and honoured' to get England call up
- Bryce Harper hit by pitch in foot, leaves game