"Islamophobic" Australian Senator Fraser Anning who is being strongly castigated for holding Muslim immigration responsible for the New Zealand mosque shootings was egged by a teenager on Saturday, news.com.au reported. The teen is then tackled to the ground and held in a headlock while Anning is led away.
A spokesperson stated that a 17-year-old Hampton boy was arrested, but then released pending further enquiries.
In a statement released just hours after the attack, Mr Anning condemned the self-professed fascist but said that "usually (Muslims) are the perpetrators".
While most leaders expressed shock and horror at the act of terror, Anning took the opportunity to cast blame on Muslims and slam them as "the real cause of bloodshed".More news: Jurgen Klopp predicts Reds won't spend big this summer
At least 49 people were killed and 40 wounded in mass shootings at two mosques in Christchurch Central on Friday which the prime minister called "one of New Zealand's darkest days".
Stating that he was opposed to "any form of violence", Anning claimed that the atrocity highlighted the "growing fear over an increasing Muslim presence", in both New Zealand and Australia. "And he should be, frankly, ashamed of himself".
Australian PM Scott Morrison has announced the Coalition and Labour would pass a motion in the next parliament meeting in April to censure Anning.
"Those views have no place in Australia, let alone the Australian Parliament", Morrison said.More news: Court lets families sue gun maker for Sandy Hook school massacre
While British home secretary Sajid Javid tweeted to say: "At a time for grieving and reflection, this Australian senator. fans the flames of violence and extremism".
A number of other politicians also hit out at Anning for his disgusting remarks.
"I can not dream what world a politician or any Australian is seeing by blaming their victims and the faces of those being murdered".
"It is in everyone's best interest for Senator Anning to make no further statements on this matter".More news: Love Island's Michael Thalassitis has died, aged 26
- Flash flood emergency forces evacuations in areas west of Omaha, Nebraska
- New Zealand Shooter Planned to Continue Attack When Police Caught Him - PM
- Alleged Gambino Crime Boss Shot, Killed Outside Staten Island Home
- LSU’s loss to Florida helps Vols in Championship Game
- Bale: Manchester United boss Solskjaer fails to rule out move
- Kylie Jenner Reveals The Name She ALMOST Picked For Daughter Stormi!
- Beto O'Rourke: Punk from El Paso joins 2020 race
- ‘Left 4 Dead’ Dev Reveals New Co-Op Game ‘Back 4 Blood’
- Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal to clash in Indian Wells semi-final
- Thieves Attempt to Steal $3.4M Painting, End up With a Fake