Disney has apparently had a change of heart when it comes to giving James Gunn the boot as director of the forthcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie, which the studio did back in July 2018 after some controversial old tweets of Gunn's were surfaced by a right-wing blogger.
Since his firing, Gunn went to Warner Bros.to work on their Suicide Squad franchise; Deadline claims that movie is still happening and that Guardians 3 won't proceed until after he finishes making Suicide Squad 2, which would be a really remarkable turn of events if everything shakes out that way. Deadline reports that, less than a year after he was sacked from the company following the resurfacing of offensive tweets from years prior, Gunn has been rehired as the writer and director of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, the franchise he launched back in 2014.More news: Steam Now Lets You Stream Games From Anywhere
Last July, Disney fired Gunn after decade-old tweets resurfaced in which he joked about topics including pedophilia and rape. After the firing, Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn met with Gunn on multiple occasions to discuss the situation. "I am always learning and will continue to work at being the best human being I can be".
Gunn with the Guardians cast in 2017.
The news that James Gunn has been rehired by Disney for Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 has Marvel fans celebrating like insane right now, as their worst nightmare about the Marvel Cinematic Universe has now been averted. In the past, I have apologised for humour of mine that hurt people. "Love you to you all".More news: Both sides of the aisle slam Wells Fargo
"My days saying something just because it's shocking and trying to get a reaction are over".
"For the record, when I made these shocking jokes, I wasn't living them out".
According to the MailOnline, all of the tweets were posted before Gunn joined the Marvel Universe in 2014.More news: Kareem Hunt suspended: Cleveland Browns RB banned 8 games
- YouTube Star Lilly Singh To Replace Carson Daly In NBC’s Late-Night
- Kylie Jenner Originally Wanted to Name Stormi Something *Very* Off Brand
- Huawei has developed own operating system for smartphones and PCs
- Manchester United's Solskjaer Lukaku a doubt for Wolves clash
- Supreme Court revokes the lifetime ban on S Sreesanth
- Nissan asking shareholders to vote to oust Ghosn as director：The Asahi Shimbun
- Ravens rebound to secure RB Ingram, FS Thomas as free agents
- Turkey, Israel row deepens as Erdogan, Netanyahu trade insults
- WR DeVante Parker gets another chance with Dolphins
- Best to worst dressed at the 2019 iHeart Radio Awards