The countdown is well and truly on for the eighth and final season of Game of Thrones, and it has now been confirmed that the new episodes will be aired in Ireland at the exact same time as North America.
Previously, it was rumored each of the six episodes could be as long as most movies.More news: Trump says Europe is 'being ripped apart' by Brexit
We knew from a previous leak that the last few episodes would be way longer than usual, but to see HBO go all-out for the finale is heartening - after all, Game of Thrones season 8 needs to give us an huge amount of closure after all these years. However, the third episode and onward leap into cinematic territory with the final episodes pushing nearly an hour and a half each.
The final six episodes of the megahit show were originally rumored to be 90 minutes long each, but it's now clear that only the last four episodes will be longer than the show's usual runtime.
While we now have the runtimes we still don't know the titles of each episode, leaving a bit of mystery still in the air.More news: Kylie Jenner Originally Wanted to Name Stormi Something *Very* Off Brand
Episode 3 - April 28, 1 hr.
The final season begins on 14 April, with the final ever episode arriving on 19 May.
Episode 5 - May 12, 1 hr.More news: Patriots reportedly were outbid by Titans for Adam Humphries
After all these years of fervently following HBO's fantasy series, Game of Thrones season 8 is going to end with a bang - a very prolonged one.
- Ravens rebound to secure RB Ingram, FS Thomas as free agents
- Turkey, Israel row deepens as Erdogan, Netanyahu trade insults
- Turkey urges Saudi Arabia to name suspects on trial for Khashoggi's murder
- Paul Scholes resigns as Oldham manager
- Best to worst dressed at the 2019 iHeart Radio Awards
- Australia target CWC win after stunning India
- Cameron Wake agrees to three-year deal with Titans
- U.S. & allied diplomats storm out as Venezuelan FM addresses United Nations drugs convention
- Huawei has developed own operating system for smartphones and PCs
- WR DeVante Parker gets another chance with Dolphins