Wake, the undersized, underdog defensive end who was undrafted out of Penn State and played in Canada before debuting with the Miami Dolphins in 2009, is a self-made man in many ways.
ESPN reports that Wake will receive a three-year, $23 million deal from the Titans including $10 million in guaranteed money. Despite being 37 years old, he continues to play at a high level.More news: Patriots reportedly were outbid by Titans for Adam Humphries
Wake is a five-time Pro-Bowler and his 98 sacks rank second on the Dolphins all-time list behind Jason Taylor.More news: Nine reported dead in NZ mosque attack
He became a breakout star in his second season in Miami, starting all 16 games and racking up 14 sacks.
Defensive end Jurrell Casey (7) and linebacker Jayon Brown (6) led the Titans in sacks last season.More news: WR DeVante Parker gets another chance with Dolphins
This was not the only move Tennessee has made so far in the legal tampering period. Upon returning to the National Football League with the Dolphins, Wake developed into a premier pass-rushing threat. They signed Roger Saffold to a four-year $44 million contract today and also added wide receiver Adam Humphries from the Buccaneers.
- Oakland Raiders Release WR Jordy Nelson
- English success in Champions League could make Nations League 'mess' - Southgate
- Kylie Jenner Originally Wanted to Name Stormi Something *Very* Off Brand
- HBO confirms epic runtimes of Game of Thrones' final episodes
- Beto O'Rourke Joins Democratic Presidential Field
- Manchester United's Solskjaer Lukaku a doubt for Wolves clash
- James Gunn back as Guardians of the Galaxy 3 director
- Supreme Court revokes the lifetime ban on S Sreesanth
- Madrids N Korea embassy assailants linked to CIA
- YouTube Star Lilly Singh To Replace Carson Daly In NBC’s Late-Night