Wake, the undersized, underdog defensive end who was undrafted out of Penn State and played in Canada before debuting with the Miami Dolphins in 2009, is a self-made man in many ways.
ESPN reports that Wake will receive a three-year, $23 million deal from the Titans including $10 million in guaranteed money. Despite being 37 years old, he continues to play at a high level.More news: Huawei has developed own operating system for smartphones and PCs
Wake is a five-time Pro-Bowler and his 98 sacks rank second on the Dolphins all-time list behind Jason Taylor.More news: UEFA Investigates Neymar's Insults Aimed at UCL Video Officials
He became a breakout star in his second season in Miami, starting all 16 games and racking up 14 sacks.
Defensive end Jurrell Casey (7) and linebacker Jayon Brown (6) led the Titans in sacks last season.More news: YouTube Star Lilly Singh To Replace Carson Daly In NBC’s Late-Night
This was not the only move Tennessee has made so far in the legal tampering period. Upon returning to the National Football League with the Dolphins, Wake developed into a premier pass-rushing threat. They signed Roger Saffold to a four-year $44 million contract today and also added wide receiver Adam Humphries from the Buccaneers.
- Kareem Hunt suspended: Cleveland Browns RB banned 8 games
- Best to worst dressed at the 2019 iHeart Radio Awards
- Steam Now Lets You Stream Games From Anywhere
- Turkey, Israel row deepens as Erdogan, Netanyahu trade insults
- Supreme Court revokes the lifetime ban on S Sreesanth
- Ravens rebound to secure RB Ingram, FS Thomas as free agents
- Kylie Jenner Originally Wanted to Name Stormi Something *Very* Off Brand
- Trump says Europe is 'being ripped apart' by Brexit
- English success in Champions League could make Nations League 'mess' - Southgate
- Nine reported dead in NZ mosque attack