Newly official presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke says the November election may be the "best way" to determine President Trump's fate - a stance that softens his earlier call for impeachment to proceed. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) for "so much hand movement" while he speaks was another example of Trump insulting others for something he is known for.
O'Rourke heads to Iowa amid some signs his popularity there has waned in the past several weeks, as he has publicly deliberated about a run while more than a dozen Democrats leapt into the race.
O'Rourke, 47, served three terms in Congress representing a region of West Texas along the USA border with Mexico.More news: Steam Now Lets You Stream Games From Anywhere
The Iowa trip will be the first test of whether O'Rourke can convert the enthusiasm he built in Texas to the national stage. He visited with students in the key swing state of Wisconsin.
With his presidential effort, O'Rourke is hoping to leverage the fame he gained with his Senate race.
In 2018 speculation began that Mr O'Rourke may decide to run after his campaign for the US Senate proved his worth.More news: Chancellor calls for cross-party compromise — UNITED KINGDOM Brexit
In his six years in Congress representing part of West Texas along the border with Mexico, O'Rourke largely did not ally himself with progressives, instead joining the centrist "New Democrat" coalition.
Those who have already announced include Senators Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, as well as Representative Tulsi Gabbard and former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro.
Of late, O'Rourke has tried to distance himself from some left-leaning candidates, such as Sanders and Senator Elizabeth Warren of MA, whom Trump has derided as "socialists".More news: Researchers Expose Supplementary Proof For Enormous Solar Storms
"Well, I think he's got a lot of hand movement".
- Nissan asking shareholders to vote to oust Ghosn as director：The Asahi Shimbun
- US Says Global Oil Surplus Aiding Its Plan to Cut Iranian Exports
- LeBron James vows return to playoffs after disappointing season
- James Harden: Rockets star makes ‘aggressive’ Steph Curry claim after Warriors loss
- Wilder meets with DAZN
- Felicite Tomlinson: Instagram influencer dies aged 18
- Floods kill 66 in Mozambique
- Unai Emery 'excited' by prospect of winning Europa League with Arsenal
- U.S. & allied diplomats storm out as Venezuelan FM addresses United Nations drugs convention
- World Rugby Reveals Revised 'Nations Championship' Concept Following Crunch Talks In Dublin