Katich believes that winning the just concluded One-Day International (ODI) series in India will give the Australian players a lot of confidence going into the World Cup later this year. "They deserve all the credit in coming to India and winning", Katich said.
Earlier, Team India lost the last and the final ODI in Delhi by 35 runs and it was again the middle-order that collapsed in a 273 chase. "Being down 2-0 it would have been easy to roll over".
Australia were 2-0 down in the five-match ODI series after which they came back into the game and snatched the series from India's mouth to win it by 3-2.More news: Ravens rebound to secure RB Ingram, FS Thomas as free agents
"To end a really, really, really tough summer against a very good Indian side and have won eight games, drawn one and one no result - it's a pretty good achievement".
Usman Khawaja struck his second century in three matches - and a third-straight score of 90 plus - as the visitors first put 272-9 on the board, before an Adam Zampa-led attack skittled India for 237 in reply, the legspinner claiming 3-46 from his 10 overs. Rohit Sharma's 53-run stand with skipper Virat Kohli (20) briefly calmed nerves in the Indian dressing room before their top-order caved in spectacularly. It was the first bilateral ODI series loss under Virat Kohli's captaincy on home soil.
Zampa's wonderful over just after the midway point proved crucial as two key India batsmen were removed, Rohit and Jadeja both stumped by Carey.More news: Kareem Hunt suspended: Cleveland Browns RB banned 8 games
"World Cup comes every four years and we play IPL every year (not to say that we won't be committed to playing the IPL) but we have to be smart and make smart decisions". Former Australian World Cup victor Allan Border says, "There may no longer be room left in Australia's ODI XI for Steve Smith and David Warner after the team claimed its "best ever" series win in the format".
The likes of Glenn Maxwell, Stoinis and Ashton Turner all failed to deliver significant innings with the bat, but it mattered little as the bowlers turned on the style to seal Australia's first series win in India since 2009.More news: Best to worst dressed at the 2019 iHeart Radio Awards
- Cameron Wake agrees to three-year deal with Titans
- Apple Announces WWDC 2019 Kicks Off June 3
- Trump says Europe is 'being ripped apart' by Brexit
- 5 children, 4 others dead in Brazil school shooting
- Turkey, Israel row deepens as Erdogan, Netanyahu trade insults
- U.S. & allied diplomats storm out as Venezuelan FM addresses United Nations drugs convention
- Last remaining U.S. diplomats leave Venezuela
- Huawei has developed own operating system for smartphones and PCs
- Kylie Jenner Originally Wanted to Name Stormi Something *Very* Off Brand
- NKorean official: Kim rethinking U.S. talks, launch moratorium