The post went viral and was shared more than 300K times when more people, not only "bored teens" started going out to clean and maintain areas that need it. Dubbed the Trashtag Challenge, it encourages people to pick up litter and post it on their social media accounts while adding hashtags like #trashtag or #trashtagchallenge. It is called the Trashtag Challenge and it actually has a point and serves a objective. We are loving Mother Nature's new makeover.
An army of eco-conscious people around the world are clearing up litter and sharing photos of it on Twitter using #Trashtag.
Some challenges that have gone viral on social media in the past have gained a lot of flak from the public as they have either caused young people to willingly endanger themselves or do something disrespectful in public for likes and shares.More news: India to clash with Australia in 5th ODI on March 13
Photos from Nepal, Spain, India, Mexico, and other places were shared on social media platforms.
Meanwhile in the Middle East, the hashtag was translated into #تحدي_انقاذ_البيئة [Save environment challenge] but the challenge found poor engagement.
The overwhelming photos of clean forests, beaches and even sidewalks has been flooding Twitter in the last month or so, but the challenge began with one avid hiker in partnership with outdoors company UCO Gear in 2015.More news: F1 awards points for fastest lap: what’s your take?
It is indeed a positive social media challenge that has flooded the internet.
Writing on Facebook on 5th March, he said: 'Take a photo of an area that needs some cleaning or maintenance, then take a photo after you have done something about it, and post it'.More news: Highland MP renews calls for a People's Vote on European Union membership
- North Korea election sees 99.99% turnout - KCNA
- Volkswagen to shed up to 7,000 jobs through automation
- Trump blasts 'fake news' over Melania body double theory
- Collins to Redskins for 6 years, $84M
- Verizon's 5G network is coming to Chicago and Minneapolis on April 11
- Nancy Pelosi says impeaching Donald Trump 'just not worth it'
- Court reinstates Aaron Hernandez's murder charge
- Former Ohio State coach Meyer joining Fox’s studio team | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
- United States senator vows to seek recognition of Israeli rule in Golan
- Beto Has Reportedly Been Working Behind The Scenes For 2020 Run