A blazing innings by tailender Isuru Udana could not prevent another heavy defeat for Sri Lanka in the fourth one-day global against South Africa at St George's Park on Wednesday.Batting at number nine, Udana hit 78 in a Sri Lankan total of 189.
Sri Lanka have lost all eight ODIs under Malinga's captaincy and the veteran was dismissed in nearly embarrassing circumstances.
The bowling unit struggled to take regular wickets whilst they also failed to slow the scoring rate down and despite needing 193 from 24 overs in their adjusted run chase, Sri Lanka couldn't score runs quickly enough as they fell well short in their quest.More news: Steve Kerr laughs off lipreading criticism of Draymond Green
Batting at number nine in the order, Udana smashed 78 off only 57 balls to rescue the visitors' innings from 131 for nine.
"The selectors have made a decision to add Reeza Hendricks to the squad".
He was named man-of-the-match despite being on the losing side.More news: Lori Loughlin Arrested in California
Rixon, the fielding coach, will take charge of the team for the three T20 games between March 19 and 24, Silva said. But he conceded 38 runs, 37 of them to Udana, in his last two overs.
Veteran batsman Hashim Amla has pulled out of the South African One-Day International squad to play Sri Lanka for family reasons, granting a reprieve for opener Reeza Hendricks who had been dropped for the final two matches of the series.
Hendricks was one of three wickets for Dhananjaya (3-41) - the spinner returning to claim De Kock and captain Faf du Plessis (43) - but David Miller (25no) and JP Duminy (31no) saw South Africa safely to a resounding victory.More news: Mars Opportunity Rover's Parting Shot Was a Beautiful Panorama
- Conservatives Jump to Tucker Carlson's Defense
- UK, EU announce change to Brexit deal ahead of key vote
- Final Avengers: Endgame Trailer Expected To Drop By The End Of March
- Oil Prices Spike As EIA Confirms Inventory Draw
- Scientists Say AirPods May be Linked to Cancer
- White House mum on if Trump really thinks Dems 'hate' Jews
- 'King Leo' - Fans react to Lionel Messi's heroic performance
- Trump budget proposal cuts NIH research, retains border wall plan
- Odell Beckham Jr was 'a little surprised' by trade to Browns
- Mahatma Gandhi wanted Congress disbanded, claims PM Modi