Murray confirmed that he met with the Giants immediately following the pro day. That might not seem totally atypical until you consider that Murray didn't do any speed and agility tests - the broad jump, vertical jump, 40-yard dash, 20-yard shuttle, three-cone drill, 60-yard shuttle and bench press - at last month's NFL Scouting Combine, either.
"I felt wonderful leaving the combine, every meeting I had went well", he said. "I didn't think I was going to have anything except two receivers". A quarterback with a chance of being the No. 1 overall pick. However, at Murray's pro day on Wednesday, Arizona head coach Kliff Kingsbury was not in attendance.More news: Former Ohio State coach Meyer joining Fox’s studio team | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
That is the biggest reason why Murray could give Oklahoma the No. 1 overall pick for the second straight year, following Cleveland quarterback Baker Mayfield, who also won the Heisman with the Sooners. I'd love to get out there and run, but it's just not as necessary.
In his first interview since those remarks, Murray declined to address Casserly's comments directly, before saying, "I don't think I would've done what I did [last season] if I didn't understand what defense were doing". Murray said he has individual meetings scheduled with "a couple" National Football League teams.More news: Highland MP renews calls for a People's Vote on European Union membership
Now the Giants have extra draft picks they can use to move up and down the board in Round 1.
Scouts were very pleased with Murray's performance on Wednesday afternoon. Didn't have any - at least to my face, nobody was negative. "How many 6-5 quarterbacks have been drafted throughout the years that can't play dead?" He weighed in at 205 pounds on Wednesday. "It was a great experience".More news: Brexit hangs in balance over tweaked deal
- North Korea election sees 99.99% turnout - KCNA
- Verizon's 5G network is coming to Chicago and Minneapolis on April 11
- Nancy Pelosi says impeaching Donald Trump 'just not worth it'
- Beto Has Reportedly Been Working Behind The Scenes For 2020 Run
- India to clash with Australia in 5th ODI on March 13
- Kirsten Gillibrand defends handling of sexual harassment allegations
- Trump criticizes California’s plans to place a moratorium on executions
- Michael Cohen not in trouble for misleading committee, House chairman says
- Now, Vietnam wants Malaysia to free Kim Jong Nam murder suspect
- Facebook, Whatsapp and Instagram are down for many