Details on whether the series will adapt more stories from the comics (aside from the tale mentioned earlier) or create entirely new scenarios are now unknown, though they will be based on what fans have seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as opposed to comic book canon.
According to a new report from /Film, Marvel are now in the early stages of development for an animated show based on their popular What If series of comics. As per a media release by Disney, it looks like we are just around a week away from the acquisition being finalised.More news: Retail Inflation Rises to Four-month High in February
The comic, called "What If...', was an anthology series examining turning points in Marvel's history, imagining alternate worlds where key characters" lives unfolded differently. Kevin Feige is set to oversee the project but these individual What If stories won't be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. While most of the "What if?" scenarios explored by the series have yet to be revealed, Slash Film relays word that one episode will be an adaptation of Vol.1 #47 of the comics, which answers the question, "What if Loki had found the hammer of Thor?".
With so many series and movies going to Disney Plus, a very fan-centric series like What If could be overlooked for more popular titles-movies like Avengers: Infinity War.More news: Air pollution killing almost as many people as smoking in Britain
Disney+ is slated to debut later this year and will reportedly cost less than an subscription to Netflix, although the price is irrelevant if subscribing means we can watch Wolverine fight Al Capone or Captain America versus the Confederacy.
Considering all of the options available, a What If series will only appeal to die-hard Marvel fans who are familiar with the anthology of stories.More news: Dollar softer on U.S
Do you think Marvel's What If series would be better off on Hulu? Be sure to tell us all of your thoughts on the new show in the comments section down below!
- Sri Lanka lose Kusal Perera for rest of ODI series
- Thomas Cook Staff Threaten To Remove Woman From Flight Over Outfit
- Pizza Pizza Offering Super Cheap Deals At Restaurants Across Canada Tomorrow
- Ontario to ban cellphones from classrooms for non-educational purposes
- 'B****cks': United Kingdom attourney general responds to report on his Brexit advice
- 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett pleads not guilty
- Fans send love to Justin Bieber
- Final Avengers: Endgame Trailer Expected To Drop By The End Of March
- Chiefs release oft-injured Berry after 8 seasons
- New MLB Deal To Include $1M HR Derby Bonus, Single Trade Deadline