"What Cristiano and Juventus did on Tuesday was impressive", Messi told Catalunya Radio. "I thought Atletico would be a lot stronger, but Juve were all over them and Cristiano had a magical night". A couple of goals tonight would put him well in contention to win the Golden Boot, although it will be silly to rule out Cristiano Ronaldo, who turns things on in the knockout stages and is now on four goals.
Barca reached the last eight of Europe's elite competition for the 12th consecutive season and will be Spain's only representatives in Friday's quarter-final draw.More news: Reputed mob leader killed in shooting at Dongan Hills home
Will Ronaldo and Messi be drawn against each other?
"It is impossible to look only at one team", Valverde said of the draw.
"Luckily we then got the third goal. We'll see who we will play, but any opponent will be complicated".
Messi opened the scoring against Lyon from the penalty spot before Philippe Coutinho doubled the home side's lead at Camp Nou before the break.
Lucas Tousart pulled a goal back for Lyon in the 58th minute, before Messi added his second in the 78th and then teed up Gerard Pique and substitute Ousmane Dembele. "The referee can decide to give it or not".More news: White House mum on if Trump really thinks Dems 'hate' Jews
"We always knew it would be like this".
"We have to concede they were better than us". We were able to recover the ball higher, posed problems and reduced the score.
Suarez then rounded Lyon goalkeeper Anthony Lopes to lay on a ideal pass for the unmarked Philippe Coutinho to nudge into an open net and double Barca's lead, although Lyon hauled themselves back into contention with a second-half strike from Lucas Tousart. "Finally, the doctor asked me to take him out so as not to take any chances".
Genesio said: "Antho (Lopes) had lost consciousness at the time but did not want to go out".More news: Firefox Send free file transfer service now available for all
- K-pop star quits over secret sex videos
- Android Q Beta Ready for Pixel Phones
- Google Hardware makes cuts to laptop and tablet development, cancels products
- Oil Prices Spike As EIA Confirms Inventory Draw
- Odell Beckham Jr was 'a little surprised' by trade to Browns
- Murray throws at his pro day, meets with Giants
- New Zealand vs Bangladesh - Highlights & Stats
- Drugs Put a Stop to Judgment Sales in Asia
- Mercedes look to burst Ferrari’s bubble in Melbourne
- Mahatma Gandhi wanted Congress disbanded, claims PM Modi