Fortnite is one of the hottest games in the world right now, with millions of players across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, and mobile devices. Players must opt-in to play, and if they don't, they'll be limited to Creative Mode and Playgrounds. This is a significant step in a direction that helps friends continue to play together, no matter their platfrom of choice. It looks like Epic Games just changed that up according to a new update, taking Nintendo Switch players out of the equation when it comes to the three major consoles.
Combined Mobile and Switch pools.
We expect an on-average better per-game experience for both Mobile and Switch players.More news: United States senator vows to seek recognition of Israeli rule in Golan
Before, Switch players were combined with Xbox One and PS4 cross-play parties. Please provide us with feedback on your experience!
While some may disagree with this decision, for a long time now, the Switch iteration has been accused of not being able to keep up with the competition due to performance issues and a 30fps cap.
Later on in that thread, an Epic Games employee showed up to say that there aren't plans to bring that same confirmation screen to the West, but that Epic has a "undo" button planned to the store page in a future update.More news: Several dead in Brazil school shooting
It's a move that makes a lot of sense from a hardware perspective.
What do you think about the sudden break in matchmaking pools?
Have you subscribed to ComicBook Nation, the official Podcast of ComicBook.com yet? Epic has stated they "neither want to add friction for players nor do we want to benefit from accidental purchases or players regretting a purchase", hence the new system.More news: India to clash with Australia in 5th ODI on March 13
- Chrome 73 finally supports dark mode on Mac
- Fiat Chrysler to Recall 862520 US Vehicles over Excess Emissions
- NASA's new rocket won't be ready for moon shot next year
- K-pop star quits over secret sex videos
- Felicity Huffman Released from Custody on $250K Bond Amid College Admissions Scam
- Collins to Redskins for 6 years, $84M
- Ethiopian Airlines flight to Nairobi crashes with 157 people on board
- Google Is Probably Making a Video Game Console
- Nancy Pelosi says impeaching Donald Trump 'just not worth it'
- #Trashtag: the eco-conscious social media challenge that's gone viral