Chrome's Dark Mode does look like the browser's Incognito Mode, which might make things a little confusing when you are using the private mode after having enabled the Dark Mode as there's only the Incognito badge differentiating the two browsing modes.More news: Ethiopian Airlines crash: Six charts on what we know so far
The update to version 73 of Google Chrome is also coming on Android following the recent landing on other operating systems. Google confirmed the announcement in a blog post and says they are extending the performance improvements offered by Chrome Lite page to HTTPS pages and will provide direct feedback to the developers who want it.
While previously you can download themes through the Chrome store to get yourself a DIY dark mode, the latest update will automatically turn your Chrome browser into dark mode if you've already enabled it in your Mac settings. Among the key changes brought by Chrome 73, it finally introduces dark mode for the browser's macOS version.More news: Google Is Probably Making a Video Game Console
To show users when a page has been optimised, Chrome shows a Lite icon in the URL bar, denoting that a toned down version of the page is being displayed.
Users can tap the indicator to see more information and to access an option to load the original version of the page, which would be the full version. Moreover, it introduces support for progressive Web apps (PWAs), now live on all desktop platforms as well as mobile. Among the biggest new features of this release, we can mention support for Dark Mode on macOS. If not, you can also go to Chrome - About Google Chrome and trigger the update manually. It is pushing for more security via HTTPS while also encouraging developers to optimize pages for efficient data use.More news: Beto Has Reportedly Been Working Behind The Scenes For 2020 Run
- #Trashtag: the eco-conscious social media challenge that's gone viral
- Verizon's 5G network is coming to Chicago and Minneapolis on April 11
- Michael Cohen not in trouble for misleading committee, House chairman says
- New Zealand calls for vaccination against measles following outbreak
- Brexit hangs in balance over tweaked deal
- Now, Vietnam wants Malaysia to free Kim Jong Nam murder suspect
- Facebook, Whatsapp and Instagram are down for many
- Major Winter Storm Grounds Flights, Closes Parts Of Interstates
- Collins to Redskins for 6 years, $84M
- Felicity Huffman Released from Custody on $250K Bond Amid College Admissions Scam