"I'm really proud of what El Paso did and what El Paso represents", he said.
O'Rourke had all but acknowledged his run for the presidency already.More news: Drugs Put a Stop to Judgment Sales in Asia
The former El Paso, Texas Congressman will make the announcement on Thursday morning, but he confirmed via text to CBS 17 sister station KTSM Wednesday afternoon that he is seeking the Democratic nomination. Ted Cruz in the November elections, appears on the cover of the April issue of Vanity Fair standing on a dirt road in the desert in his home state.
He calls the 2020 presidential election "the fight of our lives as Americans, and as humans, I'd argue" in the article, adding that he wants "to do everything I humanly can for this country at this moment".More news: Verizon's 5G network is coming to Chicago and Minneapolis on April 11
"You can probably tell that I want to run", O'Rourke told Vanity Fair. "If I were to run, if I were to win, that my administration looks like this country". While O'Rourke lost his Senate bid, the race vaulted him into the national spotlight.
O'Rourke's entry would see him join a primary field of more than a dozen Democratic candidates, many of whom are women or people of color. 'I do. I think I'd be good at it'.More news: Murray throws at his pro day, meets with Giants
When it became clear that O'Rourke was considering a run in 2020, Trump again mocked the Democratic phenom.
- Felicity Huffman Released from Custody on $250K Bond Amid College Admissions Scam
- K-pop star quits over secret sex videos
- India to clash with Australia in 5th ODI on March 13
- Google Hardware makes cuts to laptop and tablet development, cancels products
- Spotify Hits Apple With Antitrust Complaint in Europe Over App Store
- Fortnite cross-play now pools players differently on consoles and mobile
- Major Winter Storm Grounds Flights, Closes Parts Of Interstates
- Android Q Beta Ready for Pixel Phones
- Michael Cohen not in trouble for misleading committee, House chairman says
- NASA's new rocket won't be ready for moon shot next year