Micron's claim to the world's first 1TB microSD card was short-lived, however, with Western Digital announcing its own 1TB UHS-I microSD flash memory card, the 1TB SanDisk Extreme UHS-I microSDXC, which the company claims is the world's fastest 1TB microSD card.More news: Ex-security officials: 'No factual basis' for Trump wall
Meanwhile, SanDisk's SanDisk Extreme UHS-I can read at up to 160MB a second, with write speeds of 90MB/s.
The Idaho storage firm said its c200 1TB microSDXC UHS-I card will be on the market in the "second quarter" - it's only sampling right now - while the SanDisk card will be out in April. The microSD card conforms to A2 App Performance Class, and is capable of leveraging Android Adoptable storage by enabling applications and games installed on the card to load faster. To put things much more simply, though, either option can comfortably store and play your Switch games and you'll be gaining an incredible 1,000 GB of storage in the process.More news: Kawhi Leonard steals ball from DeMar DeRozan, finishes with go-ahead dunk
High speed: Reads up to 100 MB/s, writes up to 95 MB/s, with write acceleration via Dynamic SLC cache, and intelligent maintenance during idle time for sustained peak performance. As with Micron's card, the SanDisk microSD card meets the A2 App Performance Class specification.
If 1TB is more memory than you'll need, you'll have an alternative. There's no word on when Micron's card will be available or how much will it cost. It will be available in the second quarter of 2019, but we don't now have an exact release date or price for the memory card.More news: DSP & jawan lay down lives, 3 terrorists killed in J&K
- Mahershala Ali holds his wife Amatus on the 2019 Oscars carpet
- Olivia Colman Wins Best Actress At The Oscars, Gives Amazing Speech
- Lady Gaga takes Oscar for best original song
- Johnson gets the drop on McIlroy in Mexico
- MWC 2019: Google Assistant Button Coming to Phones from LG, Nokia, Xiaomi
- Donald Trump picks up two Razzies for worst performances of 2018
- Warriors' Draymond Green to sign with LeBron's agent
- Officials say person with measles flew from Vancouver to Edmonton to NWT
- Huawei's foldable phone: What we know so far
- Okinawa referendum rejects relocation for USA military base