Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to contact the Kent County Sheriff's Office Detective Bureau at 616-632-6125 or Silent Observer at 616-774-2345.
LaJoye-Young couldn't confirm the identities and ages of the victims, pending the investigation and next-of-kin notification.More news: No. 6 MI bounces back by beating No
Michelle LaJoye-Young, Kent County Sheriff, said officers arrived at a home in the small city. "It's been very hard for our investigators and for the community as well".
She said there is no threat to the public and authorities do not believe a shooter is on the loose.More news: Magic embarrass Davis, Pelicans in rout
She said someone discovered the bodies and called 911, WOOD-TV reported. Young wouldn't clarify whether the bodies were found inside or outside of the home.
She added the shooting had been "a horrific thing to be called to" and her "heart goes out to the families involved here and the community".More news: Pregnant Meghan Markle Makes Secret Trip to NYC for Baby Shower
Authorities say three children and a woman were found dead of apparent gunshot wounds at a home in western MI.
- Upset Alert: Ohio State Is Leading No. 11 Michigan State
- Wife of Aurora, Illinois Mass Shooting Victim Reveals Husband’s Heartbreaking Last Words
- Byron wins Daytona 500 pole, puts Hendrick up front again
- Payless is closing down its stores in the U.S.
- Anthony Weiner Released From Prison
- 'Zombie deer disease' has impacted 24 states including Kansas
- CYBERATTACK: Australian political parties hacked by ‘SOPHISTICATED’ state actor says PM
- Supermoon: What is it and when can you see it in Europe?
- Measles 'outbreak' in Vancouver with nine cases; most linked to French schools
- Sailor George Mendonsa in iconic VJ Day kiss photo dies aged 95