Lee will also write the film with Kevin Willmott, based on an original screenplay by Danny Bilson & Paul DeMeo, and rewrite by Matthew Billingsly.
The director is certainly striking while the iron is hot, with Variety reporting that production is scheduled to start next month, after Lee wraps up his Oscar campaign for BlacKkKlansman. The story revolves around Vietnam veterans going back to the jungle to find their lost innocence and put their broken selves back together, according to The Hollywood Reporter.More news: Company that promised one-way ticket to Mars goes bankrupt
"To quote my brother Jay-Z from Da People's Republic of Brooklyn 'On to Da Next One, '" Lee said. The film will be produced by Beatriz Levin, Lloyd Levin, Jon Kilik and Lee.
The Oscars are a mess this year, but they do have two solid firsts this year: It's the first time a comic book movie (namely Black Panther) has been nominated for Best Picture and - much, much, much, much more hard to believe - it's somehow Spike Lee's first-ever Best Director nomination. Keep in mind that he's already in business with Netflix on the TV adaptation of his early film She's Gotta Have It.More news: Savage’s Manager Asked Several Artists to Perform His ‘Rockstar’ Verse at Grammys
30 years after his magnum opus Do The Right Thing was overlooked by the Academy, his latest project BlacKkKlansman has suffered the same fate, but Spike Lee is taking things in stride because, in his estimation, he doesn't need the validation of a governing body to stay in his creative bag.
Boseman will be joined by Delroy Lindo and Jean Reno, who are also in negotiations to star in the film. The Marvel star who made his name playing Jackie Robinson and James Brown will soon be seen in Avengers: Endgame and the STX thriller 17 Bridges.More news: Enes Kanter signs deal with Portland Trail Blazers
- NASA rover finally bites the dust on Mars after 15 years
- Amazon is acquiring WiFi router company Eero
- Bill Cosby Spokesman Says Cosby Thinks Prison is "Amazing Experience"
- Here’s the LG G8 ThinQ in all its leaked glory
- Apple iPhone sales fall in China
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered For Nintendo Switch Listed On Ubisoft Website
- Woman wanted in chair tossing off balcony surrenders to police
- Former US Air Force officer Monica Witt charged with spying for Iran
- Senator calls for Google, Apple to drop Saudi app that monitors women
- Terrorists target IRGC bus in southeastern Iran