The Milton Keynes-based team, winners of both drivers' and constructors' titles between 2010-13, clinched four victories previous year, their best single campaign haul of the V6 hybrid turbo-era that began in 2014.
Toro Rosso finished ninth of 10 teams past year with the Honda engine but Red Bull have sounded optimistic about the progress made by the Japanese manufacturer.
"I'm very excited to just get started with the engine", Verstappen said.More news: Apple iPhone sales fall in China
And in 2015, Red Bull's winter look was even more radical, the team initially running their new vehicle on track in a camouflage livery in a bid to hide its aerodynamic secrets. "And from there onwards, you just start to work together with the auto [to see] what you can improve".
Red Bull, meanwhile, enters 2019 with a tweaked driver line-up, having drafted in long-term junior and 2018 Toro Rosso racer Pierre Gasly in place of Renault-bound Daniel Ricciardo.
"We are expecting a lot from Honda and are positive, but it will not be ideal from race one". I am optimistic, but also realistic and only time will tell as to how we will get on.More news: Spyro Reignited Trilogy could be getting a Nintendo Switch release this summer
"What is very important is the team and Honda are pushing really hard to improve the development". "The first two or three weeks feel like they are good to have and then after a break you want to get going". "And for sure this helped me in Toro Rosso as well". You fight against teams like Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault and when you start a new partnership, it always takes time before things run super smoothly and in the most efficient way.
Max Verstappen said he was "smiling" after testing his new Red Bull at Silverstone on Wednesday as he plots a way to dethrone world champion Lewis Hamilton.
Technical director James Allison said the team had worked hard on the suspension and aerodynamics to deliver a auto that would be kinder to its tyres than past year and remain competitive at every track on the calendar.More news: Pentagon fears China, Russia pose challenge to US space capabilities
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered For Nintendo Switch Listed On Ubisoft Website
- Savage’s Manager Asked Several Artists to Perform His ‘Rockstar’ Verse at Grammys
- Former 'American Idol' Contestant Facing Federal Drug Charges
- 5 talking points from Tottenham Hotspur’s 3-0 win over Borussia Dortmund
- Spike Lee casts Chadwick Boseman in first film since Blakkklansman
- Enes Kanter signs deal with Portland Trail Blazers
- Windies Cricketer Gets Four-Match Ban For Alleged Homophobic Comment
- Westbrook savours breaking long-standing triple-double record
- Woman wanted in chair tossing off balcony surrenders to police
- Ford Issues Three Rapid-Fire Recalls on Over 1.8 Million Cars and Pickups