Nikkei Asian Review spoke to unnamed "industry sources" who revealed a cavalcade of Google products that are now in the pipeline.
As earlier reported, Google will be launching a new Pixel 3 Lite, aimed at "price-sensitive" customers. Other than the fact that the wearable is created to compete with the Apple Watch, Nikkei doesn't say much about the upcoming device.More news: Spike Lee casts Chadwick Boseman in first film since Blakkklansman
That strategy changed with the arrival of the first Google Pixel in 2016. It's also been a while since the original Google Home was released, and Nikkei pegs it as getting an improved refresh - though I'd still love to see a water-resistant unit for the bathroom. Exactly how cheap the Pixel 3 Lite might end up being is unclear at this stage.
Google Pixel 3 was announced back in October and presented Android fans with a number of notable improvements from its predecessor.
The report doesnt give any specific details about the timing of these products, but we should have a better idea as we get closer to Googles annual I/O developer conference where the company talks about the future of Android and Google services.
In order to realize its "hardware dream", Google is still digging the corner of Apple employees to expand cooperation with Asian suppliers.More news: Reddit raises $300 million in finance round led by China's Tencent
Finally, Google plans to unveil an updated Nest Cam lineup.
Google will, the sources claim, aim to launch its Google Pixel Lite at a price point much lower than Apple's least expensive iPhone in a bid to convince on-the-fence buyers over to its ecosystem. Consumers should also expect a new security camera from Nest, according to Nikkei.
The company will purportedly not be abandoning its premium line and will launch premium variants of the Google Pixel 4 as normal.
As for the release of these products, majority will likely be announced and launched around October of this year.More news: President Trump Has Room-Sized Golf Simulator Installed at White House
As always, it's worth taking the above rumours with a healthy pinch of salt.
- James Tate fear over if racing can resume this week
- Ressa posts bail for cyberlibel charge
- Enes Kanter signs deal with Portland Trail Blazers
- Here’s the LG G8 ThinQ in all its leaked glory
- 5 talking points from Tottenham Hotspur’s 3-0 win over Borussia Dortmund
- Airbus to stop the production of A380 superjumbo jet
- Ford Issues Three Rapid-Fire Recalls on Over 1.8 Million Cars and Pickups
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Martin Scorsese To Produce Limited Series For Hulu
- FEMA Administrator Brock Long Says He Will Step Down
- Federal Bureau of Investigation releases hand-drawn sketches of alleged victims after serial killer's confession