They say the tendon ruptured after slipping and falling in his home.
Wall developed an infection after undergoing an operation on January 8 to fix his chronic Achilles issues. The procedure, which has yet to be scheduled, will be performed by Dr. Robert Anderson in Green Bay, Wisc.
The whole reason why John Wall has been sitting out is to avoid further injury to his nagging heel injury, which had been bothering him earlier in the season and forced him to undergo surgery.More news: Federal Bureau of Investigation releases hand-drawn sketches of alleged victims after serial killer's confession
Wall had already been ruled out for the rest of 2018-19 after undergoing heel surgery in late December.
Per the team, he developed an infection in the incision. The rupture was discovered during a procedure to clean out an infection that resulted from the original surgery, according to the team. As for this new rupture, Wall apparently slipped and fell in his home.
He was expected to miss six to eight months of action while recovering from that injury.More news: Breaking Bad Movie: Vince Gilligan’s Feature to Air on Netflix & AMC
Wall has suffered wrist, hand, shoulder and quad soreness or injuries. And Achilles injuries are known to be hard to return from at all, let alone do so at the skill level held prior.
Wall played in 32 games for the Wizards this season averaging 20.7 points, 8.7 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game. The Wizards (22-31) are 10th in the Eastern Conference as of Tuesday's surgery announcement.More news: 5 talking points from Tottenham Hotspur’s 3-0 win over Borussia Dortmund
- Ramos to make 600th Real Madrid appearance
- Here’s the LG G8 ThinQ in all its leaked glory
- Ford Issues Three Rapid-Fire Recalls on Over 1.8 Million Cars and Pickups
- Windies Cricketer Gets Four-Match Ban For Alleged Homophobic Comment
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation chief claims alliance preparing defensive measures for 'INF-free world'
- Pentagon fears China, Russia pose challenge to US space capabilities
- President Trump Has Room-Sized Golf Simulator Installed at White House
- James Tate fear over if racing can resume this week
- Apple iPhone sales fall in China
- FEMA Administrator Brock Long Says He Will Step Down