The F-150 recall affects almost 1.5 million vehicles equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission.
The Ford Motor Company announced the recall on Wednesday, saying it affects select 2011-2013 Ford F-150 pickup trucks.
The company says there's glitch in sending a signal from the transmission speed sensor.More news: Teen Defies Anti-Vax Parents, Speaks Out
'Depending on vehicle speed, a downshift to first gear without warning could result in a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash, ' a press release from Ford read.
Owners will be notified by letter starting March 4.
- Ford Motor Company has issued three separate recalls in North America for various issues that affect almost 1.3 million vehicles here in the United States.More news: Senator calls for Google, Apple to drop Saudi app that monitors women
Also Wednesday, Ford issued a separate recall for 2017-2019 Lincoln Continental vehicles, in which some door latches may not engage, meaning the doors could open while driving. Certain vehicles may have an intermittently functioning door latch motor due to the buildup of silicon contamination; as a result, the door latch may not fully engage. The Ford reference number for this recall is 19S03. So far, Ford says it has not heard of any accidents or injuries from this defect.
In December 2017, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration opened an investigation into whether that recall should be expanded by almost 1.4 million 2011-2013 vehicles after 123 complaints and two crashes but no reported injuries. Dealers will replace the door latch assemblies in all four doors. That's happening with certain 2019 Mustangs, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigators, so a total of 4,200 should be brought in for service. Dealers will update the software. The recall reference number is 19C03.More news: Texas couple jailed after children found neglected
- IBM’s AI machine loses debate against a human
- NASA rover finally bites the dust on Mars after 15 years
- Pentagon fears China, Russia pose challenge to US space capabilities
- Spike Lee casts Chadwick Boseman in first film since Blakkklansman
- Savage’s Manager Asked Several Artists to Perform His ‘Rockstar’ Verse at Grammys
- Michelle Obama's Mom Doesn't Think She's a "Real Star"
- Windies Cricketer Gets Four-Match Ban For Alleged Homophobic Comment
- Enes Kanter signs deal with Portland Trail Blazers
- Apple iPhone sales fall in China
- Breaking Bad Movie: Vince Gilligan’s Feature to Air on Netflix & AMC