The F-150 recall affects almost 1.5 million vehicles equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission.
The Ford Motor Company announced the recall on Wednesday, saying it affects select 2011-2013 Ford F-150 pickup trucks.
The company says there's glitch in sending a signal from the transmission speed sensor.More news: James Tate fear over if racing can resume this week
'Depending on vehicle speed, a downshift to first gear without warning could result in a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash, ' a press release from Ford read.
Owners will be notified by letter starting March 4.
- Ford Motor Company has issued three separate recalls in North America for various issues that affect almost 1.3 million vehicles here in the United States.More news: Apple iPhone sales fall in China
Also Wednesday, Ford issued a separate recall for 2017-2019 Lincoln Continental vehicles, in which some door latches may not engage, meaning the doors could open while driving. Certain vehicles may have an intermittently functioning door latch motor due to the buildup of silicon contamination; as a result, the door latch may not fully engage. The Ford reference number for this recall is 19S03. So far, Ford says it has not heard of any accidents or injuries from this defect.
In December 2017, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration opened an investigation into whether that recall should be expanded by almost 1.4 million 2011-2013 vehicles after 123 complaints and two crashes but no reported injuries. Dealers will replace the door latch assemblies in all four doors. That's happening with certain 2019 Mustangs, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigators, so a total of 4,200 should be brought in for service. Dealers will update the software. The recall reference number is 19C03.More news: Breaking Bad Movie: Vince Gilligan’s Feature to Air on Netflix & AMC
- Company that promised one-way ticket to Mars goes bankrupt
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation chief claims alliance preparing defensive measures for 'INF-free world'
- Enes Kanter signs deal with Portland Trail Blazers
- Savage’s Manager Asked Several Artists to Perform His ‘Rockstar’ Verse at Grammys
- Terrorists target IRGC bus in southeastern Iran
- Texas couple jailed after children found neglected
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered For Nintendo Switch Listed On Ubisoft Website
- Michelle Obama's Mom Doesn't Think She's a "Real Star"
- Ramos to make 600th Real Madrid appearance
- Westbrook savours breaking long-standing triple-double record