ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting the Trail Blazers have signed seven-year veteran big man Enes Kanter, who was recently bought out by the New York Knicks. User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this Photograph, user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement.
The Portland Trail Blazers created an open roster spot with the trade that sent Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin IV and two future second round picks to Cleveland in exchange for Rodney Hood.
Kanter averaged 14 points and 10.5 rebounds in 44 games this season for the Knicks.More news: Ramos to make 600th Real Madrid appearance
The 26-year-old Turkish big man became available after being waived by the New York Knicks at the National Basketball Association trading deadline last Thursday. He will become an unrestricted free agent this summer.
Kanter's image, though, took a hit the same time his minutes did. Kanter, still just 26, apparently did not qualify, as he will be a free agent after this season.
Kanter chose Portland over the Los Angeles Lakers and several other teams.More news: Terrorists target IRGC bus in southeastern Iran
"I look forward to helping the Blazers achieve the ultimate goal of competing for a championship", Kanter said in a statement, as he joins a team that is 33-23 and tied for fourth in the West.
In eight seasons with Utah, Oklahoma City and New York, Kanter has averaged 11.9 points and 7.6 rebounds.More news: Michelle Obama's Mom Doesn't Think She's a "Real Star"
- Westbrook savours breaking long-standing triple-double record
- Savage’s Manager Asked Several Artists to Perform His ‘Rockstar’ Verse at Grammys
- Woman wanted in chair tossing off balcony surrenders to police
- NASA rover finally bites the dust on Mars after 15 years
- Bill Cosby Spokesman Says Cosby Thinks Prison is "Amazing Experience"
- Company that promised one-way ticket to Mars goes bankrupt
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation chief claims alliance preparing defensive measures for 'INF-free world'
- Windies Cricketer Gets Four-Match Ban For Alleged Homophobic Comment
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy could be getting a Nintendo Switch release this summer
- Ford Issues Three Rapid-Fire Recalls on Over 1.8 Million Cars and Pickups