Not only is the reported Breaking Bad movie a thing that is most definitely happening, but it is apparently coming to the world's most popular streaming service. The (very brief) synopsis for the flick revealed that it will follow "the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom", which seems like it pretty much has to be describing Jesse, who spent a significant amount of time during the final season kidnapped by a vicious gang before being liberated by Walter in the series finale.
Neither Netflix nor AMC immediately responded to Mashable's request for comment.More news: Red Bull unveil livery change on new F1 auto for 2019
There are numerous ways to watch (or re-watch for an eighth time) Breaking Bad: AMC, iTunes, old-fashioned DVDs.
Netflix has come knocking for Breaking Bad.
And now it looks like it will be aired on Netflix, according to Deadline. "I don't think our show would have even lasted beyond season two [without it]".More news: Morgan Stanley to buy Calgary-based Solium Capital for $1.1 billion
On the one hand, you would think that with Breaking Bad, it would be good to leave well enough alone, but Gilligan and his writers have proved themselves with the critically acclaimed spinoff Better Call Saul, and a movie sounds like a better way to continue Breaking Bad than a series.
Per the New Mexico Film Office, a film titled "Greenbrier" was scheduled to film in Albuquerque from November to mid-February.
Paul's co-star Bryan Cranston is not likely to reprise his role as Walter White in the movie, though if Gilligan asked him to make a cameo, he said, "I would, absolutely." "I can say and announce tonight, in front of your audience - exclusive announcement - that I can confirm that there is a Breaking Bad movie".More news: Woman wanted in chair tossing off balcony surrenders to police
The original series ran for five seasons and quickly became a TV phenomenon, spawning the successful prequel series, Better Call Saul, both of which have aired on AMC with an SVOD window on Netflix.
- Savage’s Manager Asked Several Artists to Perform His ‘Rockstar’ Verse at Grammys
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered For Nintendo Switch Listed On Ubisoft Website
- Terrorists target IRGC bus in southeastern Iran
- Westbrook savours breaking long-standing triple-double record
- US Breast Cancer Deaths Averted Over Three Decades
- Dortmund's flight delayed as Jadon Sancho forgets his passport
- Here’s the LG G8 ThinQ in all its leaked glory
- Baltimores Ravens Agree To Trade Joe Flacco
- George Clooney says Meghan being harassed just like Diana
- Amazon is acquiring WiFi router company Eero