The brief clip of the event spread quickly on social media, which eventually came to the attention of police in the city.
After a brief appearance in court this afternoon, Toronto's alleged chair thrower Marcella Zoia has been released on $2000 bail with a court date set for March.
Marcella Zoia of Toronto is charged with one count each of mischief endangering life, mischief endangering property under $5,000 and common nuisance.More news: "Game of Thrones": Ser Pounce is dead, so why even keep watching?
Investigators launched a public appeal to identify her. CTV's Adrian Ghobrial reports that the suspect "has a criminal history".
Video of the woman circulated online.
On Monday, Const. David Hopkinson, spokesperson for the Toronto police, said he obtained a copy of the video on Sunday and police began to investigate the next day. "This is irresponsible behavior that is unacceptable", Toronto's mayor, John Tory, said. He added, "This could have caused death or injury and is not acceptable".More news: Former US Air Force officer Monica Witt charged with spying for Iran
The chair is seen fluttering in the wind as it makes it way down towards the highway. While the video ends before the chair hits the ground, police said the chair was found damaged "almost beyond recognition" at the entrance of a nearby building. As part of her bail conditions, the 19-year-old must stay with her mother and is not allowed to go back to the buildings where the chair throwing incident took place.
The video was captioned with "Good Morning".
They said two chairs, among other items, were thrown over the balcony.More news: Red Bull unveil livery change on new F1 auto for 2019
"We are outraged by the blatant disregard for community safety on display in the video", Airbnb said.
- NASA rover finally bites the dust on Mars after 15 years
- Bebe Rexha turns to Bahraini designer for her Grammy Awards look
- Oil rises 2% on Saudi Arabia, OPEC cuts
- Savage Officially Released From ICE Custody
- Morgan Stanley to buy Calgary-based Solium Capital for $1.1 billion
- Westbrook savours breaking long-standing triple-double record
- Savage’s Manager Asked Several Artists to Perform His ‘Rockstar’ Verse at Grammys
- Dortmund's flight delayed as Jadon Sancho forgets his passport
- Texas couple jailed after children found neglected
- Georgia rises in recruiting rankings after adding Anthony Edwards