Now, E! News can confirm that 21 Savage was released on bond from an ICE detainment center on Tuesday. "And he asks for your hearts and minds to be with them", the statement concluded, signed by Charles Kuck, Dina Laporte, and Alex Spiro. The agency said the rapper is from the United Kingdom and overstayed his one-year visa after coming to America in July 2005.
21 Savage has been released from ICE custody.
Savage was arrested on February 3 by ICE and was detained since.More news: Dua Lipa very subtly calls out Grammy President in her acceptance speech
21 Savage was nominated for two Grammy Awards for the hit "Rockstar", with Post Malone, including the coveted record of the year category, but was unable to attend the glitzy awards ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday because he was being held in Georgia. His second solo album "I Am I Was", released in December, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.
21's reps said he actually came to the USA when he was 7 years old and stayed until June 2005 when he visited the United Kingdom for a month.
In October 2014, 21 Savage was convicted in Fulton County on counts of marijuana possession with intent to distribute, possession of a firearm or knife during the commission of certain felonies and manufacturing, delivery, distribution and/or possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.More news: Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in Connection to Woman Found Dead in Suitcase
They have previously said the 26-year-old rapper was brought to the US when he was 7 and his legal status expired in 2006 through no fault of his own.
For the past 9 long days, we, on behalf of She'yaa Bin Abraham-Joseph, known to the world as 21 Savage, have been... The rapper's legal immigration status is said to have lapsed some time in his early teens. That application is pending, his attorneys said.More news: Akshay Shares ‘Glimpses of Kesari’ from Upcoming Period Drama
- Chrome’s latest themes come straight from Google
- Allegiant Announces Non-Stop Flights To Music City!
- Seven games that will dictate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United future
- Barnier: UK has to move on Brexit
- Open Beta Confirmed for The Division 2
- Carlos Ghosn's lead defence lawyer resigns, East Asia News & Top Stories
- Disney releases long-awaited 'Frozen 2' trailer - and it does not disappoint
- Apocalypse WARNING: Insect EXTINCTION could have serious threat to HUMAN survival
- Britain to ‘enhance lethality’ amid Russia, China threats -Minister
- Georgia rises in recruiting rankings after adding Anthony Edwards