Now, E! News can confirm that 21 Savage was released on bond from an ICE detainment center on Tuesday. "And he asks for your hearts and minds to be with them", the statement concluded, signed by Charles Kuck, Dina Laporte, and Alex Spiro. The agency said the rapper is from the United Kingdom and overstayed his one-year visa after coming to America in July 2005.
21 Savage has been released from ICE custody.
Savage was arrested on February 3 by ICE and was detained since.More news: Nintendo Direct presentation will be taking place tomorrow
21 Savage was nominated for two Grammy Awards for the hit "Rockstar", with Post Malone, including the coveted record of the year category, but was unable to attend the glitzy awards ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday because he was being held in Georgia. His second solo album "I Am I Was", released in December, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.
21's reps said he actually came to the USA when he was 7 years old and stayed until June 2005 when he visited the United Kingdom for a month.
In October 2014, 21 Savage was convicted in Fulton County on counts of marijuana possession with intent to distribute, possession of a firearm or knife during the commission of certain felonies and manufacturing, delivery, distribution and/or possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.More news: Allegiant Announces Non-Stop Flights To Music City!
They have previously said the 26-year-old rapper was brought to the US when he was 7 and his legal status expired in 2006 through no fault of his own.
For the past 9 long days, we, on behalf of She'yaa Bin Abraham-Joseph, known to the world as 21 Savage, have been... The rapper's legal immigration status is said to have lapsed some time in his early teens. That application is pending, his attorneys said.More news: Samsung Galaxy S10 series: Everything we know so far about specs, features
- Bebe Rexha turns to Bahraini designer for her Grammy Awards look
- Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in Connection to Woman Found Dead in Suitcase
- Disney releases long-awaited 'Frozen 2' trailer - and it does not disappoint
- Seven games that will dictate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United future
- Open Beta Confirmed for The Division 2
- 'Dachshund was robbed': People are outraged over the Westminster Dog Show victor
- Black Leopard Pictured In Africa For First Time In Nearly 100 Years
- Akshay Shares ‘Glimpses of Kesari’ from Upcoming Period Drama
- Barnier: UK has to move on Brexit
- United Kingdom to get Model 3 configurator within 2 months, Australia to follow