However, the press images still show how tightly Red Bull has managed to package its new Honda engine behind the driver.
Red Bull have described the new appearance as a "one-off livery".
Max Verstappen gave the auto its first laps in a shakedown at Silverstone, the first time the team have run a Honda engine.
"So our objective very much is to try and be more consistent across all of the circuits, and hopefully with more horsepower than we had a year ago will only help to lessen that gap".
"I guess up until Australia you can't really set goals", said Verstappen.More news: Apocalypse WARNING: Insect EXTINCTION could have serious threat to HUMAN survival
Verstappen completed 39 laps with the team reporting that the auto ran "faultlessly".
The former champions finished third overall last season, winning four races and well ahead of fourth-placed rivals Renault.
The former world champions launched their 2018 auto in dark black and blue colours before reverting to their traditional look for the start of testing.
In the past Red Bull has launched a number of its cars in a pre-season livery that has been used in testing, including a black and white camouflage livery in 2015, and a blue and black color scheme a year ago.
What can we expect from Red Bull in 2019?More news: NYPD detective killed in friendly fire incident, commissioner says
Red Bull Racing has revealed its 2019 Honda-powered RB15 which features a bold new dark blue and red livery.
Red Bull parted company with engine partners Renault at the end of 2018, switching instead to Honda, which also provides power units for sister team Toro Rosso.
Daniel Ricciardo's departure to Renault has opened the door for 23-year-old Pierre Gasly to stake his claim as a race victor of the future.
"You get a first impression and you see if there any little issues with the auto or engine".More news: Seven games that will dictate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United future
- Barnier: UK has to move on Brexit
- "Game of Thrones": Ser Pounce is dead, so why even keep watching?
- Oil rises 2% on Saudi Arabia, OPEC cuts
- Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in Connection to Woman Found Dead in Suitcase
- Georgia rises in recruiting rankings after adding Anthony Edwards
- Morgan Stanley to buy Calgary-based Solium Capital for $1.1 billion
- Dortmund's flight delayed as Jadon Sancho forgets his passport
- Cardi B Deletes Instagram After Defending Grammy Win
- Britain to ‘enhance lethality’ amid Russia, China threats -Minister
- Apple's Health Records will soon be made available to U.S. military veterans