A Missouri prison nurse who had an affair with a lifer may now face a life sentence of her own.
Amy Murray, 40, has been released after posting $750,000 bond following her arrest last week on first-degree murder, second-degree arson, tampering with physical evidence and armed criminal action charges, according to Miller County jail records.
According to a statement from the Miller County Sheriff's Office, Joshua Murray's body was discovered after investigators were called to a house fire in Iberia, Missouri on December 11 and found him dead inside the home.More news: Mitsubishi Outlander Sport rolls towards Geneva debut
Fire marshals determined that the blaze originated inside the master bedroom and that an accelerant was used to start the inferno, according to the Miller County Sheriff's Office.
Murray worked part-time as a nurse at the Jefferson City Correctional Facility, where she had a "romantic relationship" with inmate Eugene Claypool that had been ongoing "for some time", according to authorities and charging documents.More news: Police ask woman who threw chair from balcony to surrender
A Missouri woman has been accused of poisoning and killing her husband so she could marry her inmate lover.
Clayton has been locked up for more than 18 years in the deadly stabbing of a 72-year-old Missouri man who won $1.7 million in a lottery game. Then, she allegedly started the fire before taking their dogs and 11-year-old son to McDonald's. As an alibi, Murray said she found the house on fire when she returned and the smoke was too heavy for her to go inside, according to a probable cause statement. "Amy Murray talks about wanting Joshua Murray to come home from Nebraska and she is exhausted of being around him". The documents say they discussed in recorded conversations "having a life" now that her husband was "out of the picture".
Amy Murray allegedly told the inmate she wanted to divorce her husband, and later told the inmate they could get married because her husband was dead.More news: Tesla's delivery team gutted in recent job cuts
- Hungary slams US warnings about using Chinese tech giant Huawei's products
- 'Coming To America 2' will hit cinemas in 2020
- Australia signs $50 bln submarine contract with France after two-year squabble
- Retired astronaut Mark Kelly, husband of Gabby Giffords, to run for Senate
- Apex Legends First Special Event And Loot Teased For Valentine's Day
- Jamaican Lotto Winner Claims $1.2 Million Prize In Scream Mask
- Taylor Swift misses Grammys to support boyfriend Joe Alwyn at Baftas
- Liverpool star Sadio Mane mocks Manchester United during PSG defeat
- Backing brother of Jeff Bezos lover ‘leaked photos’
- Warren: Trump May Not Even Be A Free Person In 2020