In case you weren't aware, Ubisoft hosted a private beta for The Division 2 over the weekend, which came to a close a couple of hours ago. However, assuming it follows a similar schedule to the original game, we can probably expect The Division 2 open beta to begin later this month - early March at the latest. The free beta weekend will run until March 4th, hopefully giving the developers a few days to put out any last fires before it launches on March 15th.
Set seven months on from the first game's NY outbreak, The Division 2 transports you to a "fractured and collapsing" Washington D.C., as humanity faces its biggest crisis in history. Technically this isn't an official announcement in the usual press release sense, but it's as good as confirmation an open beta is coming.More news: Nintendo Direct presentation will be taking place tomorrow
In answering questions about rewards gained from the beta, the Twitter account mentioned not only the open beta but also that rewards can be gained by participating in either the closed or open betas.
An open beta would let more or less everyone play The Division 2 before it's out - would you be interested in giving it a try?More news: Black Leopard Pictured In Africa For First Time In Nearly 100 Years
On a personal level, I'm excited to see more of what The Division 2 has to offer when it releases.More news: Gmail gets a new right-click menu
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Manchester United not dead in Europe despite PSG defeat
- McConnell plans to bring Green New Deal to Senate vote
- Chrome’s latest themes come straight from Google
- Johnson triggers wreck, wins Clash at Daytona
- Labor shifts on medivacs for asylum seekers ahead of vote today
- Australia reopens offshore detention centre
- Malaysia to settle its problem with North Korea - Dr Mahathir
- Prison Nurse Fatally Poisoned Husband to Marry Convicted Murderer
- Unpredictable Blaze: New Zealand wildfire expected to burn for weeks
- Apple Reportedly Having News Service Event on March 25