The tech giant is working to release a 5G phone with the USA carrier Verizon in the first half of 2019, as well as two other 5G phones with AT&T. The company's CEO has spoken about the 5G revolution and how OnePlus will be launching a 5G-ready handset, which will arrive alongside a non-5G flagship.
5G devices to shine at the Mobile World Congress 2019.More news: McDonald's decides to dabble in doughnuts
Speaking about its upcoming MWC event, the Chinese company stated that it was inviting everyone to "communicate" over a 5G network at its stand within Qualcomm's booth at Mobile World Congress. The OnePlus 5G prototype phone will be running on a fully functional network. The invite notes "5G gaming" which clearly hints at the OnePlus 5G phone. It is fully possible the company may showcase a 5G variant of the OnePlus 6T like how other manufacturers are doing now.
The phone will diverge from OnePlus' main family of flagship phones, which includes the OnePlus 6T, and will be one of the first previews many will get to see of a 5G phone. Even the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7T are said to be powered by Snapdragon 855 chipset but will be based on X24 modem.More news: Tesla's delivery team gutted in recent job cuts
OnePlus recently announced its "Connect with the OnePlus Community over 5G" event at the mobile tech show. Also, being one of the first to market with a 5G phone is not about bragging rights, but about allowing it to learn and iterate for future products.More news: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Manchester United not dead in Europe despite PSG defeat
- Taylor Swift misses Grammys to support boyfriend Joe Alwyn at Baftas
- Gavin Newsom To Scale Back, Not Abandon, California's High-Speed Rail
- Johnson triggers wreck, wins Clash at Daytona
- Unpredictable Blaze: New Zealand wildfire expected to burn for weeks
- Trump open to letting March 1 deadline for China tariffs slide
- Prison Nurse Fatally Poisoned Husband to Marry Convicted Murderer
- Police ask woman who threw chair from balcony to surrender
- Savage Released On Bond Following ICE Arrest
- Cops Say Phone Records Jussie Smollett Provided Isn't Enough To Prove Assault
- 'Coming To America 2' will hit cinemas in 2020