Solium now has 3,000 stock plan clients with a million participants while Morgan Stanley has 320 stock plan clients with 1.5 million participants, Morgan Stanley says in a press release.
Morgan Stanley already has 320 share scheme clients that collectively manage schemes on behalf of 1.5 million employees, although its focus is on Fortune 500 companies.More news: First Trailer for Danny Boyle's Beatles-Inspired Musical Comedy 'Yesterday'
Morgan Stanley has been building a comprehensive suite of digital tools that will support expansion within the Workplace Wealth marketplace.
Solium's cadre of investors could then opt for Morgan Stanley financial advisors "as plan participants build their wealth and their needs become more complex", the companies said in a statement. Solium's clients include such startups as Stripe Inc., Instacart Inc. and Shopify Inc., giving Morgan Stanley's investment bankers a chance to pitch those firms capital-raising ideas, while its advisers court tech workers as they start to accumulate wealth.More news: Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in Connection to Woman Found Dead in Suitcase
A news release on Monday stated that Morgan Stanley will acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Solium, subject to the approval of the Solium shareholders.
The transaction is expected to have minimal impact on Morgan Stanley's earnings and capital ratios, and the bank does not expect any changes to its share repurchase programs.More news: "Game of Thrones": Ser Pounce is dead, so why even keep watching?
The Wall Street bank entered into a partnership with Solium in 2016 to administer equity-compensation plans for its corporate clients and their employees.
- Carlos Ghosn's lead defence lawyer resigns, East Asia News & Top Stories
- US Breast Cancer Deaths Averted Over Three Decades
- Watch Angel Di Maria scream 'f*** off' at Manchester United fans
- Apocalypse WARNING: Insect EXTINCTION could have serious threat to HUMAN survival
- Britain to ‘enhance lethality’ amid Russia, China threats -Minister
- Baltimores Ravens Agree To Trade Joe Flacco
- Savage Officially Released From ICE Custody
- Allegiant Announces Non-Stop Flights To Music City!
- NYPD detective killed in friendly fire incident, commissioner says
- Dua Lipa very subtly calls out Grammy President in her acceptance speech