Solium now has 3,000 stock plan clients with a million participants while Morgan Stanley has 320 stock plan clients with 1.5 million participants, Morgan Stanley says in a press release.
Morgan Stanley already has 320 share scheme clients that collectively manage schemes on behalf of 1.5 million employees, although its focus is on Fortune 500 companies.More news: 'Dachshund was robbed': People are outraged over the Westminster Dog Show victor
Morgan Stanley has been building a comprehensive suite of digital tools that will support expansion within the Workplace Wealth marketplace.
Solium's cadre of investors could then opt for Morgan Stanley financial advisors "as plan participants build their wealth and their needs become more complex", the companies said in a statement. Solium's clients include such startups as Stripe Inc., Instacart Inc. and Shopify Inc., giving Morgan Stanley's investment bankers a chance to pitch those firms capital-raising ideas, while its advisers court tech workers as they start to accumulate wealth.More news: First Trailer for Danny Boyle's Beatles-Inspired Musical Comedy 'Yesterday'
A news release on Monday stated that Morgan Stanley will acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Solium, subject to the approval of the Solium shareholders.
The transaction is expected to have minimal impact on Morgan Stanley's earnings and capital ratios, and the bank does not expect any changes to its share repurchase programs.More news: Disney Unveils First Look at ‘Frozen 2’
The Wall Street bank entered into a partnership with Solium in 2016 to administer equity-compensation plans for its corporate clients and their employees.
- Bebe Rexha turns to Bahraini designer for her Grammy Awards look
- "Game of Thrones": Ser Pounce is dead, so why even keep watching?
- Oil rises 2% on Saudi Arabia, OPEC cuts
- Justin Bieber seeking treatment for depression
- Airline sues passenger over skipped segment
- Baltimores Ravens Agree To Trade Joe Flacco
- Carlos Ghosn's lead defence lawyer resigns, East Asia News & Top Stories
- Disney releases long-awaited 'Frozen 2' trailer - and it does not disappoint
- Red Bull unveil livery change on new F1 auto for 2019
- Seven games that will dictate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United future