"I guess you were a hit at the Grammys", Robinson wrote in a text to Obama.
But her mother Marian Robinson, 81, seemed less than impressed, texting her to say: 'Did you meet any real stars?' Obama later affirmed, "I am a real star... by the way", to which Robinson responded with a simple "Yeah".
"Moms know how to keep you humble don't they lol", commented one user, while others suggested Michelle's mother may have been miffed that she wasn't taken for the show.More news: Red Bull unveil livery change on new F1 auto for 2019
The first lady wrote back, "I told you I was going to be on it".
You may be the First Lady of The United States of America, but she'll still see you as the toddler whose butt she cleaned!
She told CBS This Morning in November that her goal in living with the family was to help the couple's young daughters, Sasha and Malia, maintain a sense of normalcy, which included everything from rides to school to "laundry lessons". Music shows us that all of it matters - every story within every voice, every note within every song. Is that right ladies?'
Robinson, who lived with the Obamas during their White House years, shares a close relationship with her daughter.More news: Bebe Rexha turns to Bahraini designer for her Grammy Awards look
Her daughter asked mum if she had watched. 'I was anxious about my grandkids'.
I would think all Shields needs to know about Obama's celebrity status is that she is BFFs with Beyoncé.
"Yeah", her mom responded.
'When I traveled internationally, grandma was there.More news: Watch Angel Di Maria scream 'f*** off' at Manchester United fans
'Well, Mom would ride in the vehicle with her to make it feel like a regular carpool'.
- US Breast Cancer Deaths Averted Over Three Decades
- NASA rover finally bites the dust on Mars after 15 years
- Apocalypse WARNING: Insect EXTINCTION could have serious threat to HUMAN survival
- Dua Lipa very subtly calls out Grammy President in her acceptance speech
- Georgia rises in recruiting rankings after adding Anthony Edwards
- Dortmund's flight delayed as Jadon Sancho forgets his passport
- Barnier: UK has to move on Brexit
- Baltimores Ravens Agree To Trade Joe Flacco
- Savage Officially Released From ICE Custody
- Bill Cosby Spokesman Says Cosby Thinks Prison is "Amazing Experience"