Police in New Rochelle, NY have announced that Valerie Reyes' ex-boyfriend Javier da Silva has been arrested in connection with her death.
Reyes was reported missing January 30 to the New Rochelle Police Department by her family, according to court documents.
Highway maintenance workers carrying out a routine sweep found her barefoot with her shirt unbuttoned and her hands bound behind her back.
Detectives from her hometown, accompanied by detectives from the town where she was found, arrested a "suspect in NY who had fraudulently used the ATM card of victim Valerie Reyes", they said in an official statement.More news: Usher & Rich the Kid Attacked at Recording Studio, Shots Fired
'We are confident that the pursuit of justice for Valerie will be successful and we continue to work with the family to provide closure to this tragedy, ' the police statement said. Greenwich police said in a statement.
The aspiring tattoo artist disappeared one day after telling her mum that "somebody is going to murder me".
The investigation reportedly included watching more than 100 hours of surveillance video, social media analysis, and witness interviews. "I'm paranoid, mommy. I'm getting anxiety attacks.' She was having a hard time talking".
Vernon Geberth, a retired NYPD lieutenant-commander, told the Greenwich Time that he believes the killer crossed state lines, that the suitcase killing was "interpersonal", and suggested Reyes knew her killer and that the killing did not appear to be the work of a serial killer.More news: Michael Jordan Reminds Everyone Why He’s The GOAT Of Basketball
Reyes, who worked at a Barnes & Noble in Eastchester, N.Y., planned to train to become a tattoo artist and liked to sing. She said that her daughter feared that she would be murdered.
Valerie's mother Norma last week told reporters she could not move past the conversation she had with her daughter the night before she went missing.
Valerie Reyes, 24, was stuffed in a suitcase which was abandoned last week. "I just feel so blessed, overwhelmed". It's 10 miles away from the NY border of her Westchester County home.
The Connecticut Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has yet to release the autopsy results to rule the cause of death. Those items included an iPhone, an iPad, her wallet, several items of clothing and bedsheets. "And she said, 'No, '" Sanchez said.More news: Tottenham Have to Level Up in the Champions League
Reyes lived alone in a basement apartment in New Rochelle and suffered at times from anxiety and depression, WABC reported.
- Chrome’s latest themes come straight from Google
- Allegiant Announces Non-Stop Flights To Music City!
- Apocalypse WARNING: Insect EXTINCTION could have serious threat to HUMAN survival
- United Kingdom to get Model 3 configurator within 2 months, Australia to follow
- Seven games that will dictate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United future
- Samsung Galaxy S10 series: Everything we know so far about specs, features
- NYPD detective killed in friendly fire incident, commissioner says
- Akshay Shares ‘Glimpses of Kesari’ from Upcoming Period Drama
- Open Beta Confirmed for The Division 2
- 'Dachshund was robbed': People are outraged over the Westminster Dog Show victor