"I know i'm not there tonight (trust, i tried and still truly wished it had worked out tbh) and i know i said i try not to put too much weight into these things. but f**k. this is wild and attractive. thank you so much".
Dua Lipa took home the 2019 Grammy Award for Best New Artist Sunday night (Feb. 10) right after wrapping her performance with St. Vincent. In her speech, Lipa said, "I am honored to be nominated alongside so many female artists this year - I guess we stepped up".
Dua was overwhelmed with emotion while waiting backstage as the victor was announced following her performance with St. Vincent.More news: Gmail gets a new right-click menu
In 2018, Lipa founded and organized the Sunny Hill Festival, a three-day music event held in the Germia park close to Prishtina, hosting a mixture of celebrated local and worldwide artists with Lipa as a headline act, as well as Martin Garrix and Action Bronson.
Dua Lipa is officially a Grammy award victor!
"So many women!" Lipa continued.More news: Airline sues passenger over skipped segment
Even though Ariana Grande didn't end up attending the 2019 Grammy awards, she still found a way to make use of the incredible Zac Posen gown that was designed in her honour.
Correction: A previous version of this article introduced Dua Lipa as "Prishtina-born".
Her friends and family cheered on the star as she shouted and danced upon hearing the impressive news.More news: Chrome’s latest themes come straight from Google
- Akshay Shares ‘Glimpses of Kesari’ from Upcoming Period Drama
- Black Leopard Pictured In Africa For First Time In Nearly 100 Years
- Nintendo Direct presentation will be taking place tomorrow
- United Kingdom to get Model 3 configurator within 2 months, Australia to follow
- Tottenham Have to Level Up in the Champions League
- Allegiant Announces Non-Stop Flights To Music City!
- Samsung Galaxy S10 series: Everything we know so far about specs, features
- Britain to ‘enhance lethality’ amid Russia, China threats -Minister
- Apple Reportedly Having News Service Event on March 25
- Apocalypse WARNING: Insect EXTINCTION could have serious threat to HUMAN survival