It has proven to be an inspired decision with Sancho emerging as a senior England worldwide during his time in Germany, making three appearances for Gareth Southgate's squad since the World Cup. He has scored eight, and provided 10 assists, so far this season.
Speaking ahead of their round of 16 first leg tie, Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino labelled Sancho, who left Manchester City for Dortmund in August 2017, as a "massive prospect".More news: Airline sues passenger over skipped segment
However, his preparations for Wednesday's outing were hardly ideal, as he initially lforgot his passport and had to rush back from the airport to collect it.
"We knew very well that he was capable to do what he is doing now with game time", said Pochettino. We have seen the quality that he was showing in Manchester City and for his national team.
Sancho's team-mate Thomas Delaney played down the situation, before praising the teenager, whom he feels responsible for.More news: Disney Unveils First Look at ‘Frozen 2’
"Jadon is a very great talent, and talent also opens up opportunities".
"But he is still 18 years old and he has done wonderful". He's only 18 years old, but he's already excellent, and I feel somewhat responsible for keeping him grounded. Now we are in England and you are world famous for hyping your players.More news: Oil rises 2% on Saudi Arabia, OPEC cuts
- Seven games that will dictate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United future
- Britain to ‘enhance lethality’ amid Russia, China threats -Minister
- Dua Lipa very subtly calls out Grammy President in her acceptance speech
- Former US Air Force officer Monica Witt charged with spying for Iran
- 'Dachshund was robbed': People are outraged over the Westminster Dog Show victor
- Bebe Rexha turns to Bahraini designer for her Grammy Awards look
- Barnier: UK has to move on Brexit
- Savage Officially Released From ICE Custody
- Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in Connection to Woman Found Dead in Suitcase
- Carlos Ghosn's lead defence lawyer resigns, East Asia News & Top Stories