It has proven to be an inspired decision with Sancho emerging as a senior England worldwide during his time in Germany, making three appearances for Gareth Southgate's squad since the World Cup. He has scored eight, and provided 10 assists, so far this season.
Speaking ahead of their round of 16 first leg tie, Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino labelled Sancho, who left Manchester City for Dortmund in August 2017, as a "massive prospect".More news: Barnier: UK has to move on Brexit
However, his preparations for Wednesday's outing were hardly ideal, as he initially lforgot his passport and had to rush back from the airport to collect it.
"We knew very well that he was capable to do what he is doing now with game time", said Pochettino. We have seen the quality that he was showing in Manchester City and for his national team.
Sancho's team-mate Thomas Delaney played down the situation, before praising the teenager, whom he feels responsible for.More news: United Kingdom to get Model 3 configurator within 2 months, Australia to follow
"Jadon is a very great talent, and talent also opens up opportunities".
"But he is still 18 years old and he has done wonderful". He's only 18 years old, but he's already excellent, and I feel somewhat responsible for keeping him grounded. Now we are in England and you are world famous for hyping your players.More news: US Breast Cancer Deaths Averted Over Three Decades
- Georgia rises in recruiting rankings after adding Anthony Edwards
- NYPD detective killed in friendly fire incident, commissioner says
- Bebe Rexha turns to Bahraini designer for her Grammy Awards look
- Airline sues passenger over skipped segment
- Oil rises 2% on Saudi Arabia, OPEC cuts
- Watch Angel Di Maria scream 'f*** off' at Manchester United fans
- Seven games that will dictate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United future
- Morgan Stanley to buy Calgary-based Solium Capital for $1.1 billion
- Justin Bieber seeking treatment for depression
- Disney Unveils First Look at ‘Frozen 2’