He continued: "I want to see our armed forces embracing transformation at an ever-faster rate, keeping pace with technological change, enhancing our mass and increasing our lethality".
"A post-Brexit global Britain must be about taking action alongside our friends and allies and action to oppose those who flout worldwide law".
Williamson will announce that the first mission of the HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier will include work in the Mediterranean, Middle East and Pacific regions, with the vessel carrying two squadrons of British and US F-35 jets.More news: Nintendo Direct presentation will be taking place tomorrow
Mr Williamson is to use his speech to outline how cyber forces will be reinforced thanks to a "very significant investment", which will be used both to defend and launch attacks.
He told those gathered for his speech that "state-on-state competition was reviving".
He said: "In NATO, we must stand firm against Russia's non-compliance with the INF Treaty, if necessary being ready to deal with the threat that new Russian missile systems may pose".More news: Australia reopens offshore detention centre
"The price of non-intervention in global crises has often been unacceptably high", he said. "Ready to strengthen our resilience".
"To talk but fail to act risks our nation being seen as little more than a paper tiger", he added.
Williamson said Brexit brought an "unparalleled opportunity" to consider how the United Kingdom could maximise its influence around the world.
"We can build new alliances, rekindle old ones and, most importantly, make it clear that we are the country that will act when required and a nation that people can turn to when the world needs leadership", he said.More news: New York Gov. Cuomo to urge Trump to rethink tax changes
- Black Leopard Pictured In Africa For First Time In Nearly 100 Years
- Chrome’s latest themes come straight from Google
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Manchester United not dead in Europe despite PSG defeat
- Prison Nurse Fatally Poisoned Husband to Marry Convicted Murderer
- Tottenham Have to Level Up in the Champions League
- Akshay Shares ‘Glimpses of Kesari’ from Upcoming Period Drama
- Labor shifts on medivacs for asylum seekers ahead of vote today
- Open Beta Confirmed for The Division 2
- Michael Jordan Reminds Everyone Why He’s The GOAT Of Basketball
- Trump open to letting March 1 deadline for China tariffs slide