"You wish you would've dressed my fat ass", the singer and songwriter told Access Hollywood, a comment apparently directed at the designers who wouldn't dress her.
After a strenuous journey trying to find a designer to dress her for the 2019 Grammy Awards, Bebe Rexha finally found someone who created a gown that was just as handsome as she is. Empower women to love their bodies instead of making girls and women feel less then by their size.
The pop singer then looked at her mother, who was sitting in the audience and said, "My mom is like, 'Please calm down.' Mom's like, 'Please calm down.' I love you, Mom".More news: Carlos Ghosn's lead defence lawyer resigns, East Asia News & Top Stories
Her headline-making fashion confession turned into something positive, with big designers offering to dress her, including, "Jeremy Scott, Moschino, August Getty, Karl Lagerfeld", which she said "was pretty dope".
"I was like, 'This is wonderful, '" she said, sharing the fact she hopes her experience inspires women to be proud of the way they look.
"It's been unbelievable. I didn't expect it", she told E! We are lovely any size! "I really didn't expect that, so my size 8 a- is here on the red carpet". "But don't say you can't dress someone that isn't a runway size", Rexha captioned the Instagram video in late January. "And a lot of times artists will go and talk to designers, and they'll make them custom dresses to walk the red carpet, right So I had my team hit [up] a lot of designers, and a lot of them do not want to dress me because I'm too big".More news: Watch Angel Di Maria scream 'f*** off' at Manchester United fans
She also joked that the tulle gown allowed her to "have a burger and I can eat and you won't see it".
"I'm okay, I don't get angry at people", she said.
Among other awards, Bebe Rexha and H.E.R. are nominated for Best New Artist at the 61st Grammy Ceremony.More news: NYPD detective killed in friendly fire incident, commissioner says
- Akshay Shares ‘Glimpses of Kesari’ from Upcoming Period Drama
- Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in Connection to Woman Found Dead in Suitcase
- Apocalypse WARNING: Insect EXTINCTION could have serious threat to HUMAN survival
- New York Gov. Cuomo to urge Trump to rethink tax changes
- Open Beta Confirmed for The Division 2
- Dua Lipa very subtly calls out Grammy President in her acceptance speech
- Disney releases long-awaited 'Frozen 2' trailer - and it does not disappoint
- Mickelson leads by three at Pebble Beach
- Gmail gets a new right-click menu
- Airline sues passenger over skipped segment