AirPods 2 preorder to start March 22?
News publishers are also concerned over the lack of access about the customer information from Apple as they would like to use that date to market their products to the customers directly.
According to the report, the event will take place on Monday, March 25 and will be held at Apple's Steve Jobs Theater on the Apple Park Campus.More news: Gmail gets a new right-click menu
In another welcome change, Apple is also believed to be embracing color options with the AirPods 2.
In line with recent reports, the source claims the second-generation AirPods will feature "Hey Siri" support with an upgraded wireless chip.
So overall, we should expect better audio, easier grip earbuds, a choice of black or white colors, and new health features.
Apple doesn't typically hold more than one spring media event, though it could this year. Official chatter on the wireless charging pad has gone ominously quiet, with Apple said to have experienced unexpectedly challenging problems getting it ready for release.More news: McConnell plans to bring Green New Deal to Senate vote
Now, the company could finally release its wireless charging mat this spring, according to MySmartPrice.
It will feature a redesigned charging coil configuration, making the mat slightly thicker than before and, possibly, to prevent any overheating issues. Presumably, that means AirPower and other iPads will be no-shows as well.
A separate report from Mac Otakara said Apple could ultimately decide to stick with the Lightning port in its upcoming iPhones.
Apple made the switch to USB-C with its latest iPad Pro, suggesting that this move could be likely. New rumors posted today (February 12, 2019) have given conflicting indications as to when the putative AirPods 2 may be released.More news: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Manchester United not dead in Europe despite PSG defeat
- PSG wins, but Cavani injured
- Jamaican Lotto Winner Claims $1.2 Million Prize In Scream Mask
- Mitsubishi Outlander Sport rolls towards Geneva debut
- Trump open to letting March 1 deadline for China tariffs slide
- Michael Jordan Reminds Everyone Why He’s The GOAT Of Basketball
- Retired astronaut Mark Kelly, husband of Gabby Giffords, to run for Senate
- Australia signs $50 bln submarine contract with France after two-year squabble
- Apex Legends First Special Event And Loot Teased For Valentine's Day
- Australia reopens offshore detention centre
- Johnson triggers wreck, wins Clash at Daytona