"We have a shared vision that the smart home experience can get even easier, and we're committed to continue innovating on behalf of customers", Amazon's hardware chief Dave Limp said in a statement Monday.More news: Red Bull unveil livery change on new F1 auto for 2019
"From the beginning, Eero's mission has been to make the technology in homes just work", said Nick Weaver, Co-Founder and CEO of Eero in a press release.
It's undisclosed how much Amazon is paying for Eero, but for what it's worth, the company paid $1 billion for Ring previous year. Smart home systems are notoriously complex to set up, and the interplay of devices can put a lot of strain on home WiFi systems. Together, its routers and beacons make a mesh network the company says is more reliable than what you get with a traditional router. While techies will often opt to set networks up themselves, many users end up paying some service to do it for them. It already makes Echo smart speakers - which dominate the U.S. market - as well as Fire TV streamers and even an Alexa connected microwave. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.More news: "Game of Thrones": Ser Pounce is dead, so why even keep watching?
Amazon.com Inc. has agreed to acquire Eero, a builder of WiFi-networking tools, in another deal aimed at bolstering the retail and technology giant's home devices business.More news: Morgan Stanley to buy Calgary-based Solium Capital for $1.1 billion
- Bill Cosby Spokesman Says Cosby Thinks Prison is "Amazing Experience"
- Watch Angel Di Maria scream 'f*** off' at Manchester United fans
- Carlos Ghosn's lead defence lawyer resigns, East Asia News & Top Stories
- Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in Connection to Woman Found Dead in Suitcase
- Oil rises 2% on Saudi Arabia, OPEC cuts
- First Trailer for Danny Boyle's Beatles-Inspired Musical Comedy 'Yesterday'
- Justin Bieber seeking treatment for depression
- Barnier: UK has to move on Brexit
- Savage’s Manager Asked Several Artists to Perform His ‘Rockstar’ Verse at Grammys
- Baltimores Ravens Agree To Trade Joe Flacco