"We have a shared vision that the smart home experience can get even easier, and we're committed to continue innovating on behalf of customers", Amazon's hardware chief Dave Limp said in a statement Monday.More news: Bebe Rexha turns to Bahraini designer for her Grammy Awards look
"From the beginning, Eero's mission has been to make the technology in homes just work", said Nick Weaver, Co-Founder and CEO of Eero in a press release.
It's undisclosed how much Amazon is paying for Eero, but for what it's worth, the company paid $1 billion for Ring previous year. Smart home systems are notoriously complex to set up, and the interplay of devices can put a lot of strain on home WiFi systems. Together, its routers and beacons make a mesh network the company says is more reliable than what you get with a traditional router. While techies will often opt to set networks up themselves, many users end up paying some service to do it for them. It already makes Echo smart speakers - which dominate the U.S. market - as well as Fire TV streamers and even an Alexa connected microwave. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.More news: Michelle Obama's Mom Doesn't Think She's a "Real Star"
Amazon.com Inc. has agreed to acquire Eero, a builder of WiFi-networking tools, in another deal aimed at bolstering the retail and technology giant's home devices business.More news: Apple's Health Records will soon be made available to U.S. military veterans
- Baltimores Ravens Agree To Trade Joe Flacco
- Georgia rises in recruiting rankings after adding Anthony Edwards
- Carlos Ghosn's lead defence lawyer resigns, East Asia News & Top Stories
- Dua Lipa very subtly calls out Grammy President in her acceptance speech
- Watch Angel Di Maria scream 'f*** off' at Manchester United fans
- Dortmund's flight delayed as Jadon Sancho forgets his passport
- Disney releases long-awaited 'Frozen 2' trailer - and it does not disappoint
- US Breast Cancer Deaths Averted Over Three Decades
- Savage Officially Released From ICE Custody
- Red Bull unveil livery change on new F1 auto for 2019