"We have a shared vision that the smart home experience can get even easier, and we're committed to continue innovating on behalf of customers", Amazon's hardware chief Dave Limp said in a statement Monday.More news: Michelle Obama's Mom Doesn't Think She's a "Real Star"
"From the beginning, Eero's mission has been to make the technology in homes just work", said Nick Weaver, Co-Founder and CEO of Eero in a press release.
It's undisclosed how much Amazon is paying for Eero, but for what it's worth, the company paid $1 billion for Ring previous year. Smart home systems are notoriously complex to set up, and the interplay of devices can put a lot of strain on home WiFi systems. Together, its routers and beacons make a mesh network the company says is more reliable than what you get with a traditional router. While techies will often opt to set networks up themselves, many users end up paying some service to do it for them. It already makes Echo smart speakers - which dominate the U.S. market - as well as Fire TV streamers and even an Alexa connected microwave. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.More news: Company that promised one-way ticket to Mars goes bankrupt
Amazon.com Inc. has agreed to acquire Eero, a builder of WiFi-networking tools, in another deal aimed at bolstering the retail and technology giant's home devices business.More news: George Clooney says Meghan being harassed just like Diana
- Morgan Stanley to buy Calgary-based Solium Capital for $1.1 billion
- Justin Bieber seeking treatment for depression
- Apple's Health Records will soon be made available to U.S. military veterans
- US Breast Cancer Deaths Averted Over Three Decades
- Bebe Rexha turns to Bahraini designer for her Grammy Awards look
- "Game of Thrones": Ser Pounce is dead, so why even keep watching?
- Oil rises 2% on Saudi Arabia, OPEC cuts
- NASA rover finally bites the dust on Mars after 15 years
- Georgia rises in recruiting rankings after adding Anthony Edwards
- Dortmund's flight delayed as Jadon Sancho forgets his passport