5G is the evolution of 4G LTE, and promises faster and more reliable speeds.
Samsung still hasn't officially launched a flagship smartphone with a notch, but it sure looks like it's seriously considering the idea.More news: Wizards agree to trade Markieff Morris to Pelicans for Wesley Johnson
"5G is going to be about more than just a network", said David Christopher, President of AT&T Mobility and Entertainment.
There are two variants of the Snapdragon 855 processor: One with 5G support, and one without. The company states that the new mobile platform features their fourth-generation, multi-core AI Engine with up to 3 times the AI performance compared to the Snapdragon 845. As we have reported in the past, Samsung plans to launch multiple variants of Galaxy S10 so there's a chance that Samsung will tweak the overall design of the device as well. This would appear to be an expansion of in-display fingerprint technology that's expected to show up in next year's Galaxy S10 models, which would be its first phone with such a sensor.More news: Gaga wins Grammy for 'Shallow'; Hugh Jackman wins 1st Grammy
So far, AT&T's 5G rollout will only include 12 cities in the U.S. by the end of 2018: Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Waco, Jacksonville, Louisville, New Orleans, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Indianapolis, and Oklahoma City.
In October, Samsung Electronics built 5G home broadband systems with Verizon in Sacramento, California, and Houston, Texas. "Together, Samsung and Verizon have made huge gains in bringing 5G commercial services to consumers in several cities". The technology will be more broadly available as the carriers roll out their upgraded networks over the next few years. 5G will, indeed, be the killer feature for smartphones of 2019, and it'll be a big differentiator. That said, it's certainly interesting that Samsung has been thinking about adding this feature not only to smartphones, but also other devices.More news: Roger Stone's Arrest Surveillance Video Released
Either way, early 2019 will give us a better idea of what to expect with 5G.
- Foot Locker (FL) Rating Repeats by Cowen
- Duke Basketball: Hot hands propel Blue Devils to statement win at Virginia
- Man shot at Baltimore high school, suspect in custody
- Anderson Silva, 43, impresses in unanimous decision loss to Israel Adesanya
- Israeli Security Forces Detain Palestinian Suspected of Killing 19-Year-Old Girl
- Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys
- The First Night of AAF Football
- Francisco Lindor injury hurts Indians, fantasy owners
- Canadian gets life sentence for killing six in Quebec mosque shooting
- Ariana Grande wins first Grammy