During the fourth quarter of the Mavericks vs Charlotte game, The Athletic's Shams Charania broke the news that Dallas' Harrison Barnes is being traded to Sacramento Kings. Based on Barnes' play so far this year, there are a lot of players that could fit next to those two guys a lot better than HB can. He's tallying 26.9 points and 8.4 rebounds per game in his first season in Los Angeles.
Basketball fans and NBA superstars, such as LeBron James, took to social media to address the Barnes swap. After completing a trade with Cleveland and Houston to unload Iman Shumpert and acquire Alec Burks, the Kings go grab their new starting small forward for this playoff push. James wrote. "Traded this man while he was literally playing in the game and had ZERO idea".More news: Marks and Spencer say Valentine's Day is all about the 'Love Sausauge'
"But I just want this narrative to start to get REAL/CHANGE and not when a player wants to be traded or leaves a Franchise (then) he's a selfish/ungrateful player but when they trade you, release, waive, cut etc etc it's best for them!" I'm OK with both honestly.
The decision surprised Mavericks veteran Dirk Nowitzki.More news: Kendrick Lamar, Drake and Childish Gambino reportedly turned down the Grammys
The 19-year-old Slovenian finished with a team-high 19 points on 5-of-20 shooting - just 2-of-10 from beyond the arc - and added 11 assists and 10 rebounds.More news: Officials say man shot at border is alive
Kemba Walker had 30 points and a season-high 11 rebounds for the Hornets, who got swept by Dallas after losing to the Mavericks by 38 points at home about a month ago. The figure could rise up to $40 million if Dwight Powell opts out of his deal.
- Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker Grilled by the House Judiciary Committee
- Trump says meeting with Xi before March 1 trade deadline is ‘unlikely’
- National Pizza Day deals you don't want to miss out on
- Krunal Pandya destroys Kiwis, as India win second T20!
- PM Modi lays foundation stone for Arunachal airport, addresses Assam rally
- PSG's Cavani doubtful for Man United game
- Contradicting Trump, Merkel says Islamic State group ‘far from defeated’
- India vs New Zealand women's 3rd T20 at Hamilton
- Mueller alleges Manafort continued Ukraine work despite indictment
- TSA Annual Review Reveals Agents Seized a Record 4,239 Firearms in 2018