As I have said before, I really admire her as an actor and the choices that she makes.
Tanushree, who championed the #MeToo movement in India, said in a statement, "Kangana Ranaut is a bonafide A++ list actress.Why the extra plus because she is the only one who made it to the top of her game in Bollywood without the nagging support and recommendation of A- list male stars, without a high profile surname or an unrealistically flawless, pure and pious facade that most Bollywood actresses seem to wear on and off screen".More news: DUI suspect starts busting moves during roadside sobriety test
Kangana recently called Alia "Karan Johar's puppet", which Alia feels is uncalled for.
The Manikarnika actress sparked the controversy, which started between her and director Krish, even further, when she called out Aamir Khan and Alia Bhatt for not standing up for her film.More news: Mavericks finalize deal to send Harrison Barnes to Kings
Kangana's Manikarnika is based on the warrior queen of the kingdom of Jhansi, Lakshmibai, who defied the East India Company forces during 1857's rebellion and fought until her last breath. Ranaut had accused Bollywood of ganging up against her because of her outspokenness about nepotism in the film industry. In the midst of the controversies, actor Anupam Kher has come out in support of Kangana. "If I have, I will apologise to her on a personal level". "But they don't have time for any of my trails". The actress also shared a incident where Alia asked her to watch one of her movies and after watching it Kangana not only called Alia to congratulate her for her brilliant performance but also talked about the other aspects of the movie for nearly an hour. "Kher quoted the tweet, and wrote, "#KanganaRanaut is a ROCKSTAR. She is brilliant. I applaud her courage and performances.
Mumbai: Kangana Ranaut has always been the "Jhansi ki Rani" of Bollywood and doesn't spare anyone who hurts her.More news: TSA Annual Review Reveals Agents Seized a Record 4,239 Firearms in 2018
- Wells Fargo deals with tech issues for 2nd day, extends hours
- February Xbox One Game Pass Line-Up Detailed
- The EU reached agreement on the "Nord stream-2"
- Finland basic income trial left people 'happier but jobless'
- Clippers rally from 28 down, beat Celtics
- Mueller alleges Manafort continued Ukraine work despite indictment
- Behold frozen 'ghost apples,' courtesy of the polar vortex
- Renault probes Carlos Ghosn’s lavish Versailles wedding for misused funds
- Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker Grilled by the House Judiciary Committee
- Jennifer Tilly reacts to Child's Play remake: 'Ummm