The upcoming version of the movie slightly alters Chucky's background, however, as he is still a doll, albeit run by artificial intelligence gone wild. Karen Barclay (Aubrey Plaza) buys her son Andy (Gabriel Bateman) the Buddi, but they quickly discover that the doll is hiding an evil secret. In fact, should anyone choose to give the new Child's Play a miss, they'll even have a small screen alternative to go to in the form of Mancini's Chucky TV series on SyFy. Chucky 2.0 appears to be following a killer robot narrative. Chucky's in the cloud now?More news: Krunal Pandya destroys Kiwis, as India win second T20!
It's definitely an interesting twist on the terrifying tale, making Chucky not so much a possessed doll but a robot on the rampage (more like a toy-sized Terminator). Instead, the remake was overseen by writer Tyler Burton Smith and Norwegian director Lars Klevberg. It is also being produced by the creative team behind Stephen King's It reboot.More news: Officials say man shot at border is alive
Child's Play sees a sleek, modern company, known for its internet-connected devices like drones, robotic vacuums, and a centralized hub, developing a sophisticated kids doll for entry into the children's toy market. "And I did create the character and nurture the franchise for three f*cking decades".More news: Clippers rally from 28 down, beat Celtics
Nonetheless, you can look forward to MGM's Child's Play remake premiering June 21. Will you be seeing it or are you a die-hard Mancini enthusiast?
- Solskjaer salutes two-goal Pogba's prolific form
- French 'Yellow Vest' Marches Continue for 13th Weekend
- Australian parliament computer network breached
- Behold frozen 'ghost apples,' courtesy of the polar vortex
- Mavericks finalize deal to send Harrison Barnes to Kings
- Trump says meeting with Xi before March 1 trade deadline is ‘unlikely’
- Fortnite Share the Love event adds Overtime Challenges & more
- Drag Internet Explorer to the Trash. No, Really
- Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker Grilled by the House Judiciary Committee
- PSG's Cavani doubtful for Man United game