His foot was on the brake, deputies said, and he appeared to be asleep.
The man, Christopher Ryan Larson, of Trinity, was arrested on Tuesday, the day before he turned 34, according to jail records.
Deputies said Larson also blew into a breathalyzer where he got a reading of 0.28 BAC.More news: Mavericks finalize deal to send Harrison Barnes to Kings
He was awoken by deputies but then tried to get out the vehicle while the auto was in drive.
A field sobriety test was performed, and Larson appeared disoriented and did not follow proper instructions - even dancing along the line during the exercise, according to deputies. The officer was able to jump in just in time to stop it from hitting a gate it was idling in front of. That's when the dancing began. At one point, Larson turns on one foot, as if performing a dance move and then begins bounce-walking in the opposite direction.
Larson reportedly told Fox that he would "not call what he did in the video dancing", but did not comment further on the arrest.
When asked if he knew where he was, Larson said he was in Clearwater - which is about 16 miles south of Holiday.More news: Trump says meeting with Xi before March 1 trade deadline is ‘unlikely’
In one part of the video, a deputy is heard asking Larson if he is done with the test, to which Larson responds "No not really", before he continues.
Larson was actually parked at a location near Berry Hill Road and Grand Boulevard in Holiday.
Larson spoke with FOX 13's Briona Arradondo over the phone.More news: NAB head quits after scathing criticism from banking inquiry
- Behold frozen 'ghost apples,' courtesy of the polar vortex
- Storm Erik to batter United Kingdom with snow showers and 70mph winds
- Renault probes Carlos Ghosn’s lavish Versailles wedding for misused funds
- Krunal Pandya destroys Kiwis, as India win second T20!
- Clippers rally from 28 down, beat Celtics
- Wells Fargo deals with tech issues for 2nd day, extends hours
- Amazon Urges ‘Transparency’ In Law Enforcement Use Of Face Recognition
- PSG's Cavani doubtful for Man United game
- January unemployment up from December, drops from start of 2018
- Fortnite Share the Love event adds Overtime Challenges & more