No. 1 Duke took down No. 13 Florida State 80-78 Saturday afternoon at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center thanks to a wide-open game-winning 3-pointer from the wing with 0.8 seconds left by freshman Cam Reddish. Savoy drained a 3-pointer just before halftime to give the 'Noles the lead. The star freshman left the game after getting poked in the eye late in the first half. Williamson had 11 points but didn't play in the second half after a collision. The Seminoles received huge free throws from sophomore Mfiondu Kabengele to tie the game with 2:01 left. And this time they fell just short. Florida State took advantage inside with the big-bodied Williamson out, and the Seminoles made it their mission to score easy baskets in the paint.
Having said that, Florida State is no joke.
Both teams went back and forth in front of a raucous crowd at Florida State, loud enough to draw praise from players and Krzyzewski afterward.More news: Democrats challenge Trump, GOP to end shutdown
Phil Cofer, who had missed a majority of the season so far due to injury, made his presence known against the Blue Devils, pouring in 21 points and seven rebounds. And perhaps it was good for them to be able to lead the Blue Devils, with so much of the spotlight going to Williamson this season. "They rose to the different occasion".
"He had double vision". But that's a big loss. "For this game, are you kidding, especially with the athleticism we're facing?"
Williamson didn't experience any headaches with the double vision, Krzyzewski said. A third heralded freshman, who seems to be forgotten sometimes, was the reason Duke will hang on to its No. 1 ranking a little longer.More news: Cousins will start for Warriors in possible season debut next week
Without Williamson, the Blue Devils had to rely on other weapons coming out of the locker room. Duke is 4-1 vs. top-15 opponents this season.
Florida State accustomed to being tested by ACC power Duke.
Florida State: The Seminoles missed out on their fifth win over a top-ranked team.More news: Winter Weather Advisory Issued Tonight Into Saturday
Duke will continue its ACC campaign back at home against Syracuse Monday.
- Dead Or Alive 6 Beta Given Surprise Release
- Pacquiao vs Broner Predictions from Celebrity Fighters - Part 2
- Lexar Announces Massive 1TB SDXC UHD-1 633x Memory Card For Photographers
- EU Wobbling, Juncker Admits No Deal Brexit 'Would Be a Catastrophe'
- Dave Grohl Falls Off Stage At Foo Fighters' First 2019 Show
- EPL: First player Man United may sign under Solskjaer revealed
- Kingdom Hearts 3 Epilogue to Be Patched-In Shortly After Launch
- National Football League could relocate AFC championship if Chargers host
- Blake Griffin’s 44 points leads Pistons to win over Clippers
- Oceans Warming Even Faster Than Previously Thought