This is not the first time a Milwaukee County Transit System driver has saved a child.
Newly released video shows the dramatic rescue of a baby wandering alone through the streets of Milwaukee with no shoes.
So, she stopped the bus and got the child.
MCTS says the lost boy, who was less than a year old, was wearing just a diaper and onesie when driver Irena Ivic spotted him December 22 along her route in Milwaukee. He was wearing just a onesie and a diaper.More news: Florida clemency board pardons Groveland Four
The video later showed Ms Ivic stopping her bus, running across the street, picking up the crying child and carrying him to the bus.
The 19-month-old had been cold and scared but was otherwise unharmed, police said. "I'm shaking." One passenger responds: "Oh, I am too".
Ivic then brings the baby aboard the bus, where another passenger lends the baby a jacket. Kasim told the station he believes his wife, who he said has a mental illness, took the baby to a church across the freeway and later forgot about her. The little one soon fell asleep in her arms, as seen in the video.
Ivic, who will be honored Thursday by Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele, spotted a boy alone on a freeway overpass near 4th and Mitchell.More news: Huawei sales director nicked in Poland on suspicion of 'spying'
Ms Ivic said she was grateful she was in the right place at the right time to keep the baby safe.
"She did a lot more than her job".
The girl has now been reunited with her father.
This is the ninth lost or missing child who has been found by MCTS drivers in recent years.More news: Steven Smith to Undergo Surgery on his Elbow
- Julián Castro Announces 2020 Presidential Run
- Have zero knowledge of assurances given to Maxwell - Langer
- Google discontinues Chromecast Audio
- Teen charged after removal from plane at Auckland Airport for 'threatening comment'
- Desantis Replacing Sheriff Scott Israel Over Parkland
- Opioid Overdose Rates Up Nearly 500% for Women 30-64, CDC Reports
- Sen. Tim Scott slams Steve King for his comments on racism
- New York mayor proposes requiring paid leave, a first for US
- Will Pucovski receives maiden call-up; Burns, Renshaw recalled for Sri Lanka Tests
- Venezuela's Maduro Inaugurated for Second Term