It is about creating a joint venture, which includes the production of commercial aircraft and Embraer services, in which Boeing will buy a share of 80% for $ 4.2 billion, and Embraer will own the remaining 20%.
Both companies "welcomed" the approval in a joint declaration, stating: "The strategic partnership between Embraer and Boeing will enable both companies to accelerate growth in global aerospace markets".
However, in order for the partnership to be effective, it will still take several steps.More news: Desantis Replacing Sheriff Scott Israel Over Parkland
While Embraer, the third largest manufacturer in the world behind Boeing and Europeans Airbus, was privatised in 1994, the Brazilian government retained a veto power of its strategic decisions.
"Once Embraer's Board of Directors ratifies its prior approval, the two companies will then execute definitive transaction documents, " Boeing said. Embraer would keep consent rights for some decisions, such as the transfer of operations from Brazil.
In a joint statement, both companies said their deal's conclusion now will be subject to shareholder and regulatory approvals.More news: Eddie Murphy confirms "Coming to America 2" is in the Works
"Assuming the approvals are received in a timely manner, the transaction is meant to close by the end of 2019".
Boeing said last month the partnership was expected to be neutral to its earnings per share in 2020 and accretive thereafter. Boeing would have operational and management control of the new company, which would report directly to Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg.
A separate joint venture, 51 percent owned by Embraer, would promote and develop new markets for the Brazilian company's KC-390 military transport plane. One clause that would allow Boeing to take Embraer's stake in 10 years for an extra billion was the center of dispute within the Brazilian government.More news: Google discontinues Chromecast Audio
- Opioid Overdose Rates Up Nearly 500% for Women 30-64, CDC Reports
- Meghan Markle Announces First Royal Patronages
- Huawei sales director nicked in Poland on suspicion of 'spying'
- Venezuela's Maduro Inaugurated for Second Term
- Browns poking around ex-Giant Steve Spagnuolo
- JLR and Ford prepare for mass job cuts
- Steven Smith to Undergo Surgery on his Elbow
- Icardi Bashes Media Over Inter Contract Reports
- Powerball Skyrockets To A Whopping $100 Million Jackpot!
- Lenovo leads PC shipments for 4Q18 and for the year overall