Courtesy of this win, UAE go top of the Group A while India move to the second spot.
Several chances fell India's way early on in their match against hosts UAE. It will be a very hard game.
Entering the game after a 1-1 stalemate with Bahrain, UAE required full points full points, and the relief was palpable in their camp when Mubarak broke the deadlock. "We will try to get the result that we need", he concluded.
India and UAE last met in 2011 in a FIFA World Cup qualifying match and that match ended in a 2-2 draw. We expect UAE to be a tough game too. They are managed by Alberto Zaccheroni who has won the Serie A with A.C Milan and Asian Cup with Japan and has over 35 years of experience, He is certainly someone who knows to change things around.More news: Everton among several clubs interested in signing Chelsea's Michy Batshuayi
"This situation should not have arisen, in particular, since Mr. Al-Araibi now lives and works and plays as a professional footballer in Australia, where he has been accorded refugee status", Federation Internationale de Football Association said in a statement. Ashique Kurniyan is expected to keep his place in the team after an incredible performance against Thailand.
Sunil Chhetri was the two-goal star of India's weekend victory and would have made it three in two matches midway through the first half had he not headed straight at Khalid Eisa Bilal from Anirudh Thapa's cross. They are expected to have most of the possession and it will be essential for India to prevent them from getting crosses into the box. They are a very good side.
After Gurpreet Singh Sandhu was given the captain's armband for the opening tie, Constantine, sticking his rotation policy, has named Sunil Chhetri as skipper for the UAE clash.
For the first time ever, twenty-four nations will compete in the pan-Asian competition instead of the usual sixteen.More news: Facebook literally can’t be deleted on some Samsung phones
Pronoy Halder - Halder is often regarded as India's best Defensive Midfielder.
India coach Constantine is well aware of the opposition threat in store. Mabkhout had a bad game against Bahrain but will look for redemption against India.
India continued to look the more risky side after the interval and went within inches of drawing level when Udanta Singh crashed a shot against the underside of the crossbar in the 55th minute.More news: Rajinikanth ‘Petta’ Movie Review Rating | Hit or Flop | Box Office Collection
- Tim Cook: new Apple services will arrive year
- Juventus to finalise deal for Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey?
- USA carbon emissions rise by 3.4% in 2018
- West Ham United turn down bid from China for Marko Arnautovic
- Google expanding Chrome ad-blocking initiative to global markets this July
- Jerry Jones Sets Sail With $250 Million Dollar ‘Superyacht’
- Trump Cancels Davos Trip Over Democrats' 'Intransigence'
- Rape Case Investigators Issue Warrant For Cristiano Ronaldo's DNA
- Michigan Hires Alabama Assistant As OC, Poaching Him From Maryland
- Arizona police collect DNA at nursing home where comatose woman gave birth