The much-awaited Tamil movie of Rajinikanth Petta has finally hit the screens worldwide. As expected, the movie has received adulation and love from several sections of audiences. Trade analyst Sreedhar Pillar took to Twitter to inform the same.More news: Tim Tebow Engaged to Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters -- See the Sweet Announcement!
$250,000. Good going will be the first to touch 1 Million among all South Indian releases. The ensemble cast of the film also has the likes of Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Bobby Simha, Munishkanth, Sasikumar and Megha Akash.More news: NYC Promises 'Guaranteed' Healthcare for All Residents
Speaking about the same to a leading news agency, the director Karthik Subbaraj in an earlier interview to a leading daily that he grew up idolising Rajinikanth and he had always wanted to see him in a certain way. But if sites such as TamilRockers, TamilGun, TamilYogi, Isaimini and others provide movie downloads for free, it will tempt the audiences to sit back home and watch the films on pirated prints and eventually cause a big dent to the films' box office collection. While coming to the foreign box office, it hasopened with jaw-dropping figures of $557,387 (3.92 Cr). They boast of biggest names of the industry, which will also pull the crowd to the theatres. Rajini will be part of Karthik Subbaraj's directorial Petta while Ajith is all set to star in Viswasam, directed by Sivakumar Jayakumar.More news: Kate Beckinsale gives sassy response to Pete Davidson rumors
The film is facing stiff competition with Ajith's Viswasam. It has been lauded as a ideal family entertainer.
- Tim Cook: new Apple services will arrive year
- Padraig Harrington named Europe Ryder Cup captain
- UAE beat India in Pulsating AFC Asian Cup Match - Highlights
- Rumor: Nokia 6.2 with a punch-hole display & Snapdragon 632 coming soon
- Everton among several clubs interested in signing Chelsea's Michy Batshuayi
- West Ham United turn down bid from China for Marko Arnautovic
- The Division 2 will not launch on Steam
- Google expanding Chrome ad-blocking initiative to global markets this July
- Jose Mourinho On Rumours Of Return To Former Club
- FDA warns of possible chocolate, caramel candy hepatitis A contamination