It is alleged two nurses in the medical team, Amritlal Singh and Juhjar Singh, hid the child's headless body in the medical centre's mortuary and advised one of the hospital's doctors that they had finished Ms Kanwar's delivery but there was a problem delivering the placenta.
In a shocking incident, a male nurse at a government hospital in Rajasthan's Ramgarh district is said to have botched a difficult delivery during which he pulled the foetus so hard that it broke into two parts.
The mum, Dikhsha Kanwar, is now reportedly fighting for her life.
Meanwhile, the Rajasthan State Human Rights Commission has taken cognizance of the incident and sought a report from Jaisalmer SP and CMHO, ANI reported.More news: USA carbon emissions rise by 3.4% in 2018
In June previous year, a British gynaecologist was found guilty of medical misconduct, after she accidentally decapitated an unborn baby in the womb. The doctor wasn't present there, and the compounder called another person to help him during the delivery.
Dr Sankhla said he realised there was something "horribly wrong" when he attempted to remove the placenta, who then referred her to the Ummed Hospital in Jodhpur'.
Both men have been suspended and an internal investigation is now underway.
The boss of the Ramgarh community health centre claimed he wasn't around at the time of the incident. Chief medical health officer, Jaisalmer, Dr B L Bunkar said, "I visited Ramgarh and investigated the matter".More news: Art II: 'Hard To Envision' Antonio Brown Staying With Steelers In 2019
Her husband has lodged a complaint and alleged the two nurses were drunk.
However, no arrest has been made in the connection with the case as yet.
"When questioned, the hospital staffers handed over the lower part of the foetus to us", he said.More news: Michigan Hires Alabama Assistant As OC, Poaching Him From Maryland
- New Zealand vs Sri Lanka
- Billie Eilish Releases Video 'When I Was Older' Inspired by Film 'Roma'
- Craig McLachlan charged with assault and sex offences by police
- Sanders Apologizes Amid New Allegation of Staff Harassment
- UAE beat India in Pulsating AFC Asian Cup Match - Highlights
- Netflix's 'The Punisher' Gets Even Darker in Season 2 Trailer
- Chargers DL Brandon Mebane addresses infant daughter's death
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite benchmark hints at state-of-the-art processor
- Video shows bus driver rescue baby alone on freeway overpass
- Missing Wisconsin teen found alive