It is alleged two nurses in the medical team, Amritlal Singh and Juhjar Singh, hid the child's headless body in the medical centre's mortuary and advised one of the hospital's doctors that they had finished Ms Kanwar's delivery but there was a problem delivering the placenta.
In a shocking incident, a male nurse at a government hospital in Rajasthan's Ramgarh district is said to have botched a difficult delivery during which he pulled the foetus so hard that it broke into two parts.
The mum, Dikhsha Kanwar, is now reportedly fighting for her life.
Meanwhile, the Rajasthan State Human Rights Commission has taken cognizance of the incident and sought a report from Jaisalmer SP and CMHO, ANI reported.More news: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's first outing of 2019 is in Birkenhead
In June previous year, a British gynaecologist was found guilty of medical misconduct, after she accidentally decapitated an unborn baby in the womb. The doctor wasn't present there, and the compounder called another person to help him during the delivery.
Dr Sankhla said he realised there was something "horribly wrong" when he attempted to remove the placenta, who then referred her to the Ummed Hospital in Jodhpur'.
Both men have been suspended and an internal investigation is now underway.
The boss of the Ramgarh community health centre claimed he wasn't around at the time of the incident. Chief medical health officer, Jaisalmer, Dr B L Bunkar said, "I visited Ramgarh and investigated the matter".More news: Arizona police collect DNA at nursing home where comatose woman gave birth
Her husband has lodged a complaint and alleged the two nurses were drunk.
However, no arrest has been made in the connection with the case as yet.
"When questioned, the hospital staffers handed over the lower part of the foetus to us", he said.More news: New Zealand vs Sri Lanka
- Powell repeats pledge to remain 'patient' with rate hikes
- Rajinikanth ‘Petta’ Movie Review Rating | Hit or Flop | Box Office Collection
- Art II: 'Hard To Envision' Antonio Brown Staying With Steelers In 2019
- Paul George supplants Kevin Durant in latest All-Star fan voting totals
- Juventus to finalise deal for Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey?
- Jeff Bezos' Alleged Texts With Lauren Sanchez Surface After Divorce Announcement
- West Ham United turn down bid from China for Marko Arnautovic
- Sergio Busquets: Barcelona caught 'asleep' in Copa del Rey loss
- Trump visits border to make case for $5.7 billion in wall funding
- Kohli says Pandya's 'sexist' comments not reflective of team